Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
Ive been getting a pain in my abdomen on and off for a while now. It feels like a period pain although occasionally a bit sharper. Ive been to the docs a few times and have been given the all clear for STIs. I was due for a pelvic ultrasound (probably a last resort) but didnt go because I was no longer getting the pain but its come back now.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be?:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had the same problem. They kept checking me over & over for STIs although I was still with the same boyfriend and they all came back negative :rolleyes: A pelvic ultrasound didn't show anything either. One doctor suggested it might be endometriosis and sent me for a laparoscopy (keyhole operation where they look inside your pelvis - this is the only way to diagnose it) which showed that yes I did have endometriosis. I was told that I couldn't have it as I was too young (I was 20 or 21) but I know now that this is rubbish. Have a look at www.endo.org.uk for more info.