Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so say you have an eighth on you what can a copper legally do? or just a couple of pre-rolled zoots?

i read that report, 2 years is a long time for just possession..

Comments

• Options
    Unless you do something to *really* piss them off, I can't see them doing any more than confiscating it (if that even).
    Once walking down the road with a mate smoking a joint, police car pulled up next to us: "Enjoying your spliff? Just don't do anything stupid ok?" and after a little bit of small talk, drove off, just like that.
    There are some tempremental bastards out there though!
  • Options
    I know that here in South Africa, the cops are more worried about dealers than users, you would get a slap on the wrist and your stash would be conviscated!!!
  • Options
    Re: cannabis
    Originally posted by djjoules
    so say you have an eighth on you what can a copper legally do? or just a couple of pre-rolled zoots?

i read that report, 2 years is a long time for just possession..

I think it depends where you live really, I think if you live in a city or a really built up area (which is a city, duh!), they will probably just confiscate it...

...if you live in a village though, they may take it more seriously! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    what can they do legally? You realise this is a very different question to "what will they do?"?

I believe that they can arrest you, take you to the police station, get a statement from you, strip search you, take a blood sample (including DNA testing), search your home, get details of your communications, charge you, take you to court and make you spend up to 2 years in prison.
    They can do worse if its more than half an oz.

I hate the laws in this country... they seem to be there in case some-one wants to apply one, rather than a being a set of rules people are not allowed to break.

Whats worse: if you want to know if somethign is against the law the only way of finding out is by taking it to court (which can only be done if it is illegal)... even by asking lawyers and police you are more likly to get an answer that covers themselves rather than gives you usful infomation.