Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heart...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I'm trying to get ta kip my heart really pumps some....It does this also when I have been drinkin'..Been up the hospital to have these sticky things put over me body when I wasn't well to see how me heart was doin' and they said that it was ok. Suggestions????

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When it's quiet at night and you're lying still in bed, you can hear your heart more easily. Alcohol places a strain on the heart and blood vessels if it's taken in large doses, although there's some evidence to suggest that light intake of alcohol may be good for you if you're over a certain age.

If you've had an EGC (the test where they wire you up with the stickers) and the docs said you were OK, then you're probably OK - it's a very good way of finding out if something's wrong.

The more you stress out about your heart, the more adrenalin you make, which makes your heart beat faster and harder - is that maybe what's happening to you?