Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Condom Machines?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think that condom machines should be placed in toilets in schools? I have looked at all the pros and cons and have decided that it would be a good thing to put "jonny dispensers" into the loos.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    tahts actually a pretty good idea. However, young men seem to find other things to do with jonny hats, including putting them over their heads and inflating them.
    Still a good idea, as most young ppl seem embarrased to go and buy a box of condoms from a shop.
  • Options
    i don't think it would be a good idea. i think the only people who would use the machine would be immature little boys who just want to blow them up and let them fly around the playground :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think it would not.

All though it may be rife at many schools it will encourage under age sex. And spark debate after devate from parents.

I bought my first pack of condoms form one there great and all- but are accessible from cinema's, pubs (during the day if your underage).
  • Options
    I really don't think it would be a good idea especially as males never properly mature.:D or do they?:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    i don't think it would be a good idea. i think the only people who would use the machine would be immature little boys who just want to blow them up and let them fly around the playground :rolleyes:

And what’s wrong with that!?:confused:;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

HAHAHAH:D
  • Options
    btw, davedavidson, that aint ur real name is it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I really don't think it would be a good idea especially as males never properly mature.:D or do they?:confused:

No we dont! Were still all big kids really!
    Some bigger than others.... :naughty:
  • Options
    No it wouldnt...although it would have made my life somewhat easier. :naughty: THen again boots was only just up the road. ;)

But no, condom machines in school toilets would just be encouraging things to happen at shcool. YOu don't even find them in the toilets at work, so definately not in ones at school. Saying that...shock horror...uni toilets always have them in. :)
  • Options
    In a place where I drink in town they have machine's in the blokes loo's where you can by mini vibrators for 5 quid.
  • Options
    In colleges (16-18) deffinetly but high schools it would just be too weird.... :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jay-O
    In a place where I drink in town they have machine's in the blokes loo's where you can by mini vibrators for 5 quid.

You sure you didn't get tampons mixed up?

:lol:

Dont see the logic there!
  • Options
    No i dont think this is a good idea!I think that this will encourage more people to do it, also if a younger boy sees an older boy get some then he mite think that he has to do it to look *kool* and i think it mite add more pressure for people to have sex.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

:lol:

Dont see the logic there!

hehehehehehehehe :lol:
  • Options
    I think it's a bad idea for reasons people have already mentioned -

1. It would encourage people to have sex at school, or at any rate would encourage underage sex

2. Small boys and other pranksters would have too much fun finding *other things* to do with condoms and making practical jokes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

No we dont! Were still all big kids really!
    Some bigger than others.... :naughty:

I love your reply, you make me laugh:D :D:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

:lol: child :p
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't think it would encourage under-age sex. If people want to do it, they will, whether or not there are condom machines in school. Surely it's better for them to be protected than not.

Personally I would put them in the girl's loos. We tend to be slightly more mature about things like that (I haven't blown up a condom since I was 12 :p).

And on the mini-vibrator's note, they sell them in one of the clubs near me... pity my boyfriend never has enough cash on him :(
  • Options
    no i don't think its a goosd idea although its promoting safe sex it would also be promoting underage sex :)
  • Options
    Kids would just use them as balloons and water bombs. It would be encouraging trouble. So, no, they shouldn't be put in schools.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    mm.....i don't think condoms should be in schools. But i'm not entirely sure. I mean at TAFE (i started year 11) we had condom machines, but i can't really see them being put in schools around the world. The thing is, the first time we saw them, we all bought some, but after that, we totally forgot about em
  • Options

Unless tampons are plastic and vibrate they could well be.

Dont see the logic there

Pulled, pissed, brewers droop...Spring to mind. :D
  • Options
    Yep put them in, another object for the kiddies to smash up :cool:
  • Options
    Aren't they abit expensive???

Yu can get them free on the NHS anyway. Pop into your GP and tlak about family planning...and he won't mind you're on ly 12 years old...It's normal occurance for them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Still a good idea, as most young ppl seem embarrased to go and buy a box of condoms from a shop.
    I went to a supermarket, and I think the person behind the till was more embarrased than I was!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    To be honest, I don't think it would encourage under-age sex. If people want to do it, they will, whether or not there are condom machines in school. Surely it's better for them to be protected than not.
    What she said!

I think it would be a good idea. If kids were better informed from their parents, instead of parents relying on school to give sex education (which is usually pretty dire) then it wouldn't be a taboo subject, just another normal part of life.

I don't think they would promote underage sex, I think they would promote safe sex. If they're going to have sex underage then they will anyway, regardless of a machine in their loos!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    btw, davedavidson, that aint ur real name is it?

No its not, I just dont like my **real name** being posted about the place a lot :)

I also think that having condom machines will actually encourage safe sex. If people want to have underage sex, they will have it anyway, so having a condom machine will prevent pregnancy. Interesting thoughts though
  • Options
    i haev to agre with a lto of you!
    if they are there it would promate safe sex but also like eveything in a scholl it will get smashed up!

i gave up bying them! my first pack i brought i was nervous and some old aldy looked at me! shes like you 16? nope! hmmm she gave em to me any way i got outa the shop lit a fag and she ran out! your smoking underage aswell! yeah and!

tehehe
    i jsut steal them now :p im a little pikie (theif) tehehe

could be good but the damge factor and the stupidnes of school kids! :eek:
  • Options
    Stealing isn't big or clever. It makes things cost more for everyone else who actually pays for them.

Perhaps you could go to your local family planning clinic like a big boy next time?
  • Options
    putting them in schools has it's pros and cons.

like people have said before, they promote safe sex and that but wouldn't it be a little bit strange to go into your school loos at 11-12 and see a condom machine??!

it's weird enough seeing a machine selling tampons!