Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

emergency boxes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In America, the public has been warned to keep a disaster bag with them at all times in the house, another in the car if possible, with things like lighters, rope, torch, etc. A bit like an earthquake kit, but this is in case of a terrorist attack.
Does anyone keep anything like this? Not for a terrorist attack or anything, but for any emergancy you may have.

The closest I have to this is tow ropes and crocodile clips in my car incase I breakdown or something, I may get a first aid kit to go in the car aswell

Comments

• Options
    My car and house contains so much stuff that in the case of an emergency Im sure Id have all I need or be able to improvise.
    I do have a tourch because we have loads of power cuts out here, but honestly, in the event of a terrorist attack, what good is an emergency kit? What do they expect you to do, tie up any passing terrorist and blind him with the tourch while you set fire to his WMD?
  • Options
    I think I've got half a car, and workshop in the boot of my car, there isn't any room left for luggage! I carry loads of spare parts, all the usual bits and bobs that go wrong on a car - belts, leads, coil, cap, rotor arm, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, water, and just enough tools to enable me to fit most of them too. Even the spare wheel/tyre is in good condition, and fully inflated! :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by cheekychick
    but honestly, in the event of a terrorist attack, what good is an emergency kit?

that was kinda my thought, there is nothing u can do, but some American officials believe it could save your life.
    I believe in the ones being sold, there is duct tape to cover windo cracks, etc, but won't that eventually kill you, no air
  • Options
    Re: emergency boxes?
    Originally posted by Klever
    The closest I have to this is tow ropes and crocodile clips in my car incase I breakdown or something, I may get a first aid kit to go in the car aswell

Same here, and a petrol can thingy. No point me getting a first aid kit, I prob wouldnt know what to do with much of the stuff in it!
  • Options
    You can never find a torch in our house.
    Also lacking in the first aid department - we've got an old walls ice cream tub with a tube of savlon and a strip of elastoplast from 1993.
    I can't say I'm feeling any urgent need to get provisions.
  • Options
    Re: emergency boxes?
    Originally posted by Klever
    In America, the public has been warned to keep a disaster bag with them at all times in the house, another in the car if possible, with things like lighters, rope, torch, etc. A bit like an earthquake kit, but this is in case of a terrorist attack.
    Does anyone keep anything like this? Not for a terrorist attack or anything, but for any emergancy you may have.

Bottle Of Vodka

Big Pack Of DORIETO@S!