Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stretchmarks, Teenage Ones??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My gf is worried she is scared for life because she has got faint stretchmarks on her breasts and her thighs??

the thing i am puzzled about is:

Do They go away?? and does it mean me missus breasts are getting bigger?? or do they just come normally??

ANy help will be greatful seeing that i am a lad and i dont know about these girl things

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    She has prob got these marks from growing too fast, and they will probably fade over the years :)
  • Options
    I get stretch marks all the time due to my bodybuilding, and they usually dissappear completely in about 3-4 days.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say that they will go away in days, I've got a couple of faint ones on the top of my legs, as people have said its from growth spurts.
    Just be extra nice to her so she wont worry about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    I get stretch marks all the time due to my bodybuilding, and they usually dissappear completely in about 3-4 days.

I doubt very much if these are the same stretchmarks!!

They basically come from very rapid weight los or gain..I lost weight quickly when I was 23 and I still have the stretch marks at the age of 32!
  • Options
    yeah I know a body builder who gets loads too, from taking too many steroids and growing too quickly.
    Almost all girls and a lot of boys get them after puberty, any time of your life when you put on weight quickly or have a growth spurt. They fade to silvery white lines within a few weeks or months usually, and become barely noticeable.
  • Options
    Alot of my mates have got them all over there stomach's from putting on so much weight, and they've had them for years. Another friend also has them on her boobs from them growing so fast, but I think they have faded now. Just be nice and that way she wont be that inseure by it :)
  • Options
    iv got a few
    but if u moisterise it helps them stop coming and turining red
    they will fade but never disapear
  • Options
    I got stretch marks on my thighs and my boobs when i was about 13 they are still there now although have faded a bit, i have never gained or lost rapidly though? so i don't really no why i started getting them,

anyway tell your girlfriend not to worry about them, i no i did worry alot about what boys would say about them, and i became self concious of my body alot, but if there that bothered then there not worth the agrow.
    so just make it clear to your girlfriend that they don't bother you and its just part of growing up.
  • Options
    It happens to some people when they go through puberty. I've got them on the top of my thighs. They do fade though and mine are barely noticable now. They won't ever disappear though.
  • Options
    Pregnancy, body building and weight loss are the leading causes of stretch marks, stretch marks occur most frequently in areas of mechanical stress such as the breasts, abdomen, thighs, groin or buttocks. In the beginning, stretch marks are red. They turn white as part of the healing process.

Best thing to prevent them is a good moisturiser like Nivea
  • Options
    nivea or E45 cream is good for them; i was anorexic so lost a lot of weight fast, and then put it back on again, and i have ickle stretchmarks all over my thighs, and moisturising them really helped, you can hardly see them now :) But yeah, follow everyone else's advice too - be really nice to her, tell her that you love her anyways... you know the drill ;):p