Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

German motive?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Really good Greenhat. Thanks for posting that. I posted part of something in the NY POST online today that said Germany is also afraid that when Iraq is liberated, documents showing all of the illegal trade between Germany and Saddam will come to light.

I also read that the influence of the former East German people is anti-American. Many still vote for the communists.
  • Options
    That Fischer story is pretty old news isn't it?

I thought he was exposed as a 70's revolutionary a few years ago, he said he was sorry and was very embarassed about it.

I am not sure how this activity nearly 30 years ago against the West German govt proves he has 'ingrained anti-americanism'

The thing about links to the KGB is also rather foolish, Putin was in the KGB and he is supposedly one of Bush's pals, no-one has ever claimed he is a rabid anti-american because of his past!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    That Fischer story is pretty old news isn't it?

I thought he was exposed as a 70's revolutionary a few years ago, he said he was sorry and was very embarassed about it.

Is that what you think is acceptable punishment for taking part in a terrorist attack? "I'm sorry, I apologize"?

Well, that explains a lot. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You are convinced he did it then, the article seems to suggest that the issue was taken to court and nothing was proven..

I'm sorry i didn't make myself clear, I believe he apologised for attacking any policement etc, with regards to the supposed terrorist activity he denied it and nothing has been proven......
  • Options
    No, I'm not convinced he did it, but I do think it brings up questions about how he performs his current job.
  • Options
    How interesting that youll question the sordid past of a German politician but completely refuse to examine the backgrounds of Cheney, Rumsfeld or any of Bush's cronies.

Of course, silly me, I forgot youve been programmed to accept whatever our government says without question. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    How interesting that youll question the sordid past of a German politician but completely refuse to examine the backgrounds of Cheney, Rumsfeld or any of Bush's cronies.

Of course, silly me, I forgot youve been programmed to accept whatever our government says without question. :rolleyes:

Funny how you think that being in business is a crime, but seem to think being part of a terrorist organization is OK.
  • Options
    The focus is how do we keep Western democracies safe from Al Qaeda. Is Rumsfield going to give money or weapons to support them? No. Is Saddam? There's new evidence that even Shiites and Sunni muslims are working togeher....in Africa regarding the Kenya hotel bombing in November and attempted attack on an Isreali airliner. So even if Saddam and Bin Laden hated each other they could still work together to get America.

And the point of this post is to understand why a supposed ally is going out of its way to undermine the war on terror.
  • Options
    being in business isnt a crime but being party to illicit criminal dealings in Business IS, as we've seen in the recent past.

And no Greenie, I fully agree that terrorism is a crime, but since the issue of iraq has nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism (apart from the laughable spin put out by Washington when all other claims have been ineffective), you are simply airing more rhetoric on that score.

If you are so concerned about terrorism, then tell your taskmasters to stop wasting our tax dollars on their bogus corporate war and get back to hunting Al Qaeda for real.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    being in business isnt a crime but being party to illivit criminal dealings in Business IS, as we've seen in the recent past.

And no Greenie, I fully agree that terrorism is a crime, but since the issue of iraq has nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism (apart from the laughable spin put out by Washington when all other claims have been ineffective), you are simply airing more rhetoric on that score.

If you are so concerned about terrorism, then tell your taskmasters to stop wasting our tax dollars on their bogus corporate war and get back to hunting Al Qaeda for real.

Sorry, we're busy with FARC this week....