Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Family or Lover - a choice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, if you had to choose - could you?
I don't mean all your family, say one family member had a big problem with your other half (who btw you're madly in love with), how would you handle it? Esp if you felt caught in the middle.
Yes, I have this problem - my brother has a problem with my boyfriend and quite frankly I've had enough :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Aw' are you & your brother close?! Why don't you talk to him about it! I guess that Id choice my bfriend! My brother would calm down after a while & probably accept that me & my bfriend were together but my bfriend would tell me to fuck off if my brother had a problem with him! Of course as usual it would be my fault!
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems to be my fault as well - they were friends before I showed up - oops!
  • Options
    Thats might be why your brother has a problem with you & your bfriend being together! I remember about 1 yr ago my brother had a MEGA fit because I fancied one of his friends :rolleyes: He didn't like the thought of Will (my crush) tellin me stories of private stuff about James(my brother) I guess that I felt the same though when my best friend Justine told me she fancied my brother & they started dating! I had this massive nightmare of Justine tellin James ALL of my secrets! I ended up splittin them up because of it :eek2:

Have you spoken to your brother?!
  • Options
    No I haven't spoken to my brother - there's a lot more to this story unfortunately, like my brother's wife being a bitch & actively trying to split us up. & my brother texting my boyfriend at 2:30 in the morning to call him a cunt.
    It's all good fun!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Oooooh

Your brother sounds jealous & so does his wife :mad: In this situation I would deffinatly choose your bfriend! I would understand if your bfriend had done something that REALLY pissed both your brother & his wife off but as you said there is much more to the story!

I hope that it works out whoever you choose but to be honest you should never be in the postion where you are made to choose between family & partners :p

Good luck hun xxxx
  • Options
    dont make any rush decisions!
    I recently had to make a similar decision, my friends hated my boyfriend, and i made it clear to them that i was deeply in love with him and that i was going to chose him no matter what!:mad: but that was a big mistake! they are now being bitch to me and my friend Jellygirl! and know he dumpt me, i have no one left to talk to, that arnt friends with me and him!

so just say to your brother that he needs to get along with your boyfriend cause he aint going nowhere! and once he gets to know him im shore his feelings will change!
  • Options
    Re: Oooooh
    Originally posted by Mwaaaa

Good luck hun xxxx

Thanks babe.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by shadowedangel

so just say to your brother that he needs to get along with your boyfriend cause he aint going nowhere! and once he gets to know him im shore his feelings will change!

He does know him - they were friwnds before we got together - that's how I met him.
  • Options
    Well then its not a problem as such more of a grudge-
    Is the reason he doesn't like him any more because he got with you or a falling out. Cant really blame your bro!

But i'd choose my love any day- at the end of day hes your bro and always will be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Well then its not a problem as such more of a grudge-
    Is the reason he doesn't like him any more because he got with you or a falling out. Cant really blame your bro!

But i'd choose my love any day- at the end of day hes your bro and always will be.

Erm, they had a falling out because he got with me. And my brither resents the fact that my boyf gets on with my parents but they don't like his wife.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

Erm, they had a falling out because he got with me. And my brither resents the fact that my boyf gets on with my parents but they don't like his wife.

Being nosy now, Why dont they like his wife? or is it a long story
  • Options
    Ahhh shit.

Sorry but stick with your boyfriend. Your bro will come round eventually. It is tough though. Why have they fallen out again?

Sort of simular situation. My boyfriend's brother has a long term girlfriend of whom the parents hate and refuse to talk to her. She is not welcome round there, making it difficult for his brother, but they love me. I actually get on with his bro's girlfriend but I think she resents the fact his parents like me and not her. To be honest I'm not bothered whether they like me or not. I find them quite interfering sometimes. If I was to fall out with them I'd hope he'd stick by me. His brother ignores their plea to leave her and has stopped visiting so much because of it. I think it's stupid to be honest.

Talk to your bro and tell him to sort it out. If he wants you to be happy then he will hun.
  • Options
    Well my brother had a problem with my then boyfriend (now husband) and now I am sorry to say that he doesn't come near I haven't seen him since I got married three years ago. I think it's because he's 10 years older than me.

At our wedding he came up to my husband and nastily said I have lost my sister because of you.

We have since found out that his girlfriend is having his baby any day now and now I am sad because I will never see my niece or nephew.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterfly00

Being nosy now, Why dont they like his wife? or is it a long story

Basically because she's an irritating, attention seeking little bitch.
  • Options
    Well dave u shouldnt have dumped ur mates as that hurt our feelings when u dumped us. We told u what ur ex was like when u asked us what we thought of him. But now ur back with us so everythings fine :D stick with us in future u may have more luck or just get drunk with us!!!!!! :p
  • Options
    Hey :confused:
  • Options
    Tell your brother to BUTT out :)

He is married so he obviously knows what its like to be madly in love, so he cannot make decisions about who you date or dont. How I see it is that the more he nags you that your boyfriend is no good for you etc, is making you do exactly the opposite of what he wants. What do we do if someone tells us not to do something??? Yes exactly the opposite.

You shouldnt be made to choose, but at the end of the day if it comes to it and you have to, then make the best decision which suits you, not your brother. But I certainly would not finish a relationship with anyone just because my Brother didnt like the idea :)

Good luck :)