Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you were on Question time what question would you ask (Must be about the current political climate)

Comments

• Options
    Depends on who was on the panel. There's no end of questions I'd like to ask Tony Blair... or Dubya for that matter.

Perhaps something in the lines of "what right does the government have to take us to war without proper debate and vote in the Commons and without consulting the electorate?

Or... "in view of the fiasco last week regarding an old and doctored dossier on Iraq the government presented as proof, can we believe anything they say regarding Iraq?"

Or... "does the panel think there are rather more urgent matters to attend to in the international arena? Such as the Indian-Pakistani nuclear stand-off or the situation in the Middle East?"

Or... "remember Al Qaeda?"

Or... "when the hell is the government going to grant pubs 24 hour licences?"

Given the current climate of doom, this last question would be the first I'd ask ;)
  • Options
    Don't vague announcements regarding terrorist threats, do the terrorist work for them by hurting the economy and keeping us terrorized?
  • Options
    Explain to me what left-wing values you actually hold (adressed to any member of the govt)
  • Options
    why do americans put thier faith in a government who has promised to take a trillion dollars off the people of america and give it to the richest 1% of the population. which will rob the people of vital services yet increase the fat cats bank balances by less than a hundred thousand dollars each?