Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wot do you think

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
histroy is written by those who win the wars

Comments

• Options
    Yes and no. The Japanese have rewritten World War 2 for instance. Their history books don't talk about their massive raping of women in China and Korea, mass murders in China and the Phillipines - which included eating some American soldiers who had given themselves up in order to show Japanese manhood or whatever, or call for massive suicide if America attacked the mainland. Beyond Japanese deaths, over 200,000 American soldiers would have died taking the mainland. But all you hear about is the nuclear bombs as if we just decided to do that to the innocent Japanese.
  • Options
    im guessin ur american rite.... and actually the japanese were about to surrender unconditionally at that point in the war! they were just testing the bombs, how comes one was uranium and one was plutonium!

hundreds of thousands innocent japasese clilivians dead, they didnt deserve jack!! and how many innocent americans died in ratio to japanese people!

oh and audioslave rule!
  • Options
    That's not true London. Look it up in any history book. Also the Japanese wouldn't be the close allies of the US and Australia today if that were true. But don't take my word, look it up in any normal history book.
  • Options
    The point about Japanese history is I believe truthful.....

I think it is important not to look simply at what books say but the attitudes and ideas that are inbedded in the culture, the perception of history has a greater effect on people than the actual facts much of the time.