Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Then Iran?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
George Tenet, CIA Director

"We see disturbing signs that al Qaeda has established a presence in both Iran and Iraq," Tenet said. "In addition we are concerned that al Qaeda continues to find refuge in the hinterlands of Afghanistan and Pakistan."

Tenet said two dozen members of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, which he called "indistinguishable" from al Qaeda, and two senior planners have been "operating freely" in Baghdad.

Comments

• Options
    With all the spin its a wonder they aren't getting dizzy! lol
  • Options
    haaa. I think to me it illustrates how we have to focus on Al Qaeda and find ways of preventing them from getting near America by tightening immigration and tightening up the borders.
  • Options
    Is that Al Qaeda presence in Iran of the same type as that in Iraq?
  • Options
    You mean the one we can't find which means they're hiding from us?
  • Options
    No I mean the one that Bush and Blair have fabricated in a pitiful attempt to gain support for their war.
  • Options
    Why not amalgamate Iran and Iraq, move North Korea in there, too, create a country of evil, call it "Irate" and nuke the place?
  • Options
    Ah yes, let's satisfy our desire for control by using WMDs and prove conclusively that we are as evil as the regime we are so desperately condemning. Good solution! :eek2: