Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yay France, Germany + Belgium

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For standing up to the US. The US wants to send defense systems into turkey - the closest NATO member state (in my knowledge) to Iraq. But they make the valid argument that this is practically inplying that war is inevitable.

I would like to buy each of the countries a drink, for doing what no-one else could. America wants to control the world, and they will, being able to attack who they want, unless there are more countries like France, Germany and Belgium!

viva la France! :D

Comments

• Options
    You'd be speaking German if it weren't for the US #1.

#2 You're cheering for two countries that made a profit off of money that was supposed to go for buying medicine for the Iraqi people.

Come back to Politics when you have a brain.
  • Options
    And another thing. They just caught a radical Muslim who came from northern Iraq and Baghdad, that's in Iraq by the way, who had ricin and was planning to poison British troops. But I guess you'd get off on that too.
  • Options
    You repeatedly make reference to France, Germany, et al making a profit whilst ignoring that the very reason our leaders want to invade and overthrow Saddam is so that WE can make a profit. Be careful pnj, your hypocrisy is showing. ;)
  • Options
    and you'd be speaking german if it wasn't for the british #1
    #2 uk and us sold him all the weapons that he used to gas his own people 20 yrs ago, didn't condemn him then, but use it against him now - smell the hypocrasy
  • Options
    France and Germany are isolated - even within in the EU - and certainly within NATO. There's a shift in power going on within Europe and it's away from those two countries. In fact, Germany's economy is a mess - even after they elected a President that knocked America. Well, when 100,000 troops pull out and all those jobs Germans have because of those troops...let's just see who needs who.

I'm sure people are out to make a profit in any country. I'm also sure we have to hit Al Qaeda in a lot of ways....including by hitting countries that enable them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

#2 You're cheering for two countries that made a profit off of money that was supposed to go for buying medicine for the Iraqi people.

:mad:

The regulars on here have been courteous to you since you joined and have discussed your posts and attempted to be civil even if you hold a very different view point....

There is no need to be so agressive and rude to someone who is making a valid point when many of the points you raise are questionable at best........

Your first point is irrelevant, secondly, explain how they should have acted.........
  • Options
    pnk, until you have firsthand experience of the EU and its operational demeanor, please refrain from making foolish claims of which you know absolutely nothing beyond what the pro-Bush spin doctors are brainwashing you with.
  • Options
    Quoting Marx is offensive to me and says it all regarding your little loyalty here.

No one holds back regarding America on here. And there's nothing balanced about the opinions on here.

As far as pro-Communist thinking...bring it on. :D
  • Options
    Why does quoting Marx offend you, if you have a good reason I will consider removing it.....

What may I enquire do you know about Marx?

I am not a communist :confused:

Actually I think this forum is quite well balanced, unlike some of your arguments.........
  • Options
    "Balance" being equated to unquestioning support for whatever Bush wants to do regardless of how much worse it will leave our national and international security status in decades if not years to come I suppose?

Come now pnj, you began on these boards displaying a capacity for independent thought, don't put blinders on at such a young age, you may end up feeling incredibly foolish down the road.
  • Options
    Quoting Marx is offensive to me and says it all regarding your little loyalty here.

No one holds back regarding America on here. And there's nothing balanced about the opinions on here.

As far as pro-Communist thinking...bring it on. :D

pnj, regrettably, I must side with Toadborg here. Obviously, I'd like that feeling to go away as soon as possible. :p

Your posts exhibit a remarkable degree of naivety, and often are based on simple, soundbite premises. Shyboy has demonstrated the same level of argument as you, and you ask him to return when he has a brain. Ironic.

Perhaps you may wish to consider that you may challenge everyone to a debate on here, but unlike your beloved US of A, you don't hold half as many cards as you think you do, and were it to come to it, you'd be quite cheerily flattened.

Don't tempt us :p

Pro-communism has nothing to do with it. Marx's thoughts are widely read & studied, and not just by communists. I suggest you read them. I know I enjoyed examining them.

Toadborg: I seem to recall that particular statement as a pro-Modernist slogan? Am I wrong?
  • Options
    Regrets DJ? I almost feel a song coming on.......

My quoted comment concerns the effects of capitalism on the traditions and values of society that Marx believed would be fundamentally changed by capitalism.....

I suppose that can be interpreted in several ways, depends if tou see traditions and structures as 'good' or 'bad'

Are we off topic? :eek: :lol:
  • Options

PNJ, don't remind the euros about WWII it makes them upset (except for England). Only america does stuff for money. The rest of the world is guilt free. America is the root of all evil. The Euros will tell you this at every opportunity. I personnally love to look over our empire and tell my Afghan and soon iraqi slaves to fan faster. When we get our hands on all of that iraqi oil we WILL take over the rest of the world. Hail BUSH!!! Hail the Empire! I soon will be granted appointed governer of all of Africa and I will need some toe the line administrators to help me put things right there. I would have to start you off at the lowest level of imperial administratration but I think you have the potential to go far. Let me know what your decision is, as time is of the essence. The pesky euros are trying to block our imperial conquests.
  • Options
    Blinders firmly in place I see! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by hk9147

PNJ, don't remind the euros about WWII it makes them upset (except for England). Only america does stuff for money. The rest of the world is guilt free. America is the root of all evil. The Euros will tell you this at every opportunity. I personnally love to look over our empire and tell my Afghan and soon iraqi slaves to fan faster. When we get our hands on all of that iraqi oil we WILL take over the rest of the world. Hail BUSH!!! Hail the Empire! I soon will be granted appointed governer of all of Africa and I will need some toe the line administrators to help me put things right there. I would have to start you off at the lowest level of imperial administratration but I think you have the potential to go far. Let me know what your decision is, as time is of the essence. The pesky euros are trying to block our imperial conquests.

You guys aren't supposed to get sarcasm :p
  • Options
    DJP I like to see when people agree with me, but I like to debate. Of course being rude to HIM wasn't debating. The remark about speaking German always, always works to make people in Europe crazy mad. It's fun...but it can't be over used.

So burry me baby. I might learn something. Besides, without me this site would be even more left and who would you fight with?

*waves flag*

American, of course. :p
  • Options
    ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Finally, an example of left wing brain activity published on the WEB.
  • Options
    Obvious misinterpretation. Rather evidence of the Left's reaction to endless hawkish substanceless allegations and fearmongering.
  • Options
    No the lefts typical reaction to any opinion or fact that they don't believe in or agree with.
  • Options
    Enjoy your delusions. If the right had any facts they wouldnt need the spin doctors they so are busy employing to snow the public.

Nonetheless, at the very least the Left doesnt call those who's opinions it doesnt agree with "traitors". Nice to know there are many of us liberals who support your right to demean those you disagree with.
  • Options
    Or perhaps just... anyone's typical reaction to the tired old argument "you'd be speaking German now if it wasn't for us".

But I must say pnj, it doesn't seem to be your usual style. Is anyone PMing you replies to post, or perhaps has any of your mates that often sit with you and read this forum taken your place while you went out to grab a sandwich? ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Enjoy your delusions. If the right had any facts they wouldnt need the spin doctors they so are busy employing to snow the public.

Nonetheless, at the very least the Left doesnt call those who's opinions it doesnt agree with "traitors". Nice to know there are many of us liberals who support your right to demean those you disagree with.

No you call us FACSISTS. If you can't stand the heat "Traitor" get out of the kitchen. Take your right wing conspiracy theory and discuss it with the ultra right wing "left wing cospiracy theorists". I have no time for either camp. Show some balance in your discussions, even if only a little. Then I will view you as a poster that may be reasoned with.
  • Options
    You being the model of balanced discussion I suppose? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    You being the model of balanced discussion I suppose? :rolleyes:

I have never stated that the U.S. is blameless. Yet you only blame America. All governments/politicians "spin" information. I judge for myself what is true false or "spin". You see plots and scheming with everthing Bush does, I don't. Our last president lied to the nation and the world. Prove that Bush has.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hk9147

Only america does stuff for money. The rest of the world is guilt free. America is the root of all evil. The Euros will tell you this at every opportunity.

Just ask the Swedes. They will be happy to tell you how they had to sell iron to the Germans in WWII. How they couldn't possibly have fought against the Nazis. And about how proud they are to have avoided war for over 200 years. Oh, and some will tell you that everything wrong in the world is the fault of the Americans.

Clandestine,

Ever considered moving to Sweden?
  • Options
    Nice place to visit but not eactly the easiest or cheapest place for third country nationals to establish residency. At any rate, Brussels is the heart of the European political scene, so there's no economic value to moving away, especially to the perifery of the EU.

If i were to move away from Brussels it would undoubtedly be south to the warmer climates. For now ill stick with the rain and cold, much more excitement here of late anyways.