Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Makes mescaline look like ginger ale...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? What *is* in that little vial they have in the hotel room which "Makes mescaline look like ginger ale"? Just curious, sounds good! :crazyeyes :D

Comments

• Options
    Andrenalin, if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    Andrenalin as in the stuff the body produces when you're in fights/legging it etc. to push you harder?! Or summat completely different? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Andrenalin as in the stuff the body produces when you're in fights/legging it etc. to push you harder?! Or summat completely different? :confused:

Yeah, that's the one.

If I'm not mistaken, the lawyer one traded his services with a Satan worshiper, and the only way he could pay was with a human andrenalin gland.
  • Options
    Been wondering since I first seen fear and loathing...

What the fuck is mescaline?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovedup

What the fuck is mescaline?
    the most beutiful halucinagenic cactus. like lsd but not as freaky. read "the doors of perception" by aldous huxley. where the band "the doors" got thier name.
  • Options
    Adrenochrome

The stuff was called adrenochrome.

http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/adrenochrome.txt
  • Options
    The book is Fiction you know. Technicaly the drug does exsist but most druggies I've ever heard on the subject belive that even if you could get it it would do nothing. Do a search on Bluelight.nu they have discussed the topic quite a few times and some of them really know their shit.

As for mescal, basicaly similar to shrooms and acid but not quite like either of them, considered by a lot of people to be the most spiritual of all the trips, with maybe the exception of DMT. You'll probally never come accross it, its really rare and if you do it will make you sick.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Technicaly the drug does exsist but most druggies I've ever heard on the subject belive that even if you could get it it would do nothing.

Yeah, I did a little research on the subject last night, and didn't come to any paticular conclusion. Shulgin calls it "a
    fascinating red herring" in Tihkal.
    You'll probally never come accross it, its really rare and if you do it will make you sick.

Cant you buy Peyote cacti from certain shops in Amsterdam? Also, some websites I know of sell the cactus, but doesn't it have to be around 10/15 years old before there's enough mescaline present for a trip?
    Peruvian Torch cacti would be a better source of mescaline I *think*, because age wise, isn't there much more present?
  • Options
    You can buy the catus, however as you point out it takes bloody ages for it to be able to even give you one dose.
    And if you do find a seller for catus ready to eat its really expencive, I've only come accross it being available once, about a year ago at £35 a dose!

If you really are looking for something that 'makes mescal look like ginger beer' my vote would be for DOB, DOM or DMT. however a large dose of mescal will make most things look like ginger beer.
  • Options
    £35's a bit extortionate for me :( Shame. Do you know how tall Peyote/Peruvian Torch/San Pedro cacti have to be before they're tall enough for a trip (on average)?
    DMT - never had the chance to try it, sounds truly phenomenal, can't wait 'til the day I can experiment :D
    DOB - Hmmm...all I've heard is bad things about this..remember a story about a "claw under the skin" or something similar on either here or erowid, which really doesn't sound appealing! :crazyeyes From what I've heard, it reminds me of PCP (haven't tried that either - but sounds scary enough)...are they in any way similar?
  • Options
    Not sure how old/tall they have to be but the button peyote have to flower I think which they dont do that often, I might be wrong though.

DMT is magical, there is another world through that smoke, serious that is a return trip to another dimension. 5-meo-dmt is similar but not so visual and really just batters you, a harsh and scary chemical.

As for DOB/DOM I've heard good and really bad things about both, they are very serious, a bit like a 12 hour DMT trip! DOM was around in London a little while ago but frankly I didnt have the nerve to try it.
  • Options
    san pedro cactii dont have to be very old to be ready and are very easily available you can get them in garden centres if you know what your looking for, otherwise they are easily available online, not very expensive either. certainly not 35 quid anyway! one normal size cactus is about the right dose for 2 people. i havent done it yet but i plan to very soon, which is why i know that.
  • Options
    Not sure how old/tall they have to be but the button peyote have to flower I think which they dont do that often, I might be wrong though.

When I went to dam, the payote they were selling was potent in 5 years ? Is it worth it ?

:no: