Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your Past Lovers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just out of interest, how do you feel when comparing past lovers?

Have you, for instance, been with a partner you've loved more, but deep down you know a previous partner was much better in the sack, or do your feelings of love for the newer partner tend to enhance the pleasure involved?

If you have ever seen a past but less loved partner as better, have you longed to go back to them or do you fantasise about them while with your current one?

Or do past sexual experiences not matter at all to you and you only enjoy the present?

Comments

• Options
    Or do past sexual experiences not matter at all to you and you only enjoy the present?

Definatly agree with this one, I dont match up past sexual experiences to new ones, because there always diffrent and I tend to cringe when i think of ex's not that the sex was crap, just that i dont fancy them ne more
  • Options
    Before adam I only had one night stands so compared with them he is excellent and there really is no comparison at all. When it was just one night stands I would compare them all to my first as he seemed kinda special cos I lost it to him, but now adam is the best because I love him so it's much nicer, plus the fact he feels the same way and I'm not just another notch on his headboard :rolleyes: And it's nice that adams not comparing me to anybody else cos he hasn't been with anyone else.
  • Options
    Re: Your Past Lovers
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

I think i'd have to agree with this one. The past is in the past where it should be.
  • Options
    I don't compare people. Everyone is different anyway and does different things that will be exciting and interesting in ways your other partner wouldn't have done. That's beside the point though, it's not really right to compare them.
  • Options
    Nah, I couldn’t compare my past lovers, I was drunk and regret most of it, so I’m not really in a position to judge em. (Not had any decent relationship either) *ahem* until now:)

That said, I wouldn’t do it anyway because I wouldn’t like to be judged and compared myself.
  • Options
    Before I started going out with my current bfriend I had only had sex in short term relationships or one night stands so to be honest I feel more comfortable and relaxed which therefore in my opinion leads to better sex with him. I also don't tend to think od the guys from the past as a) I get really embaressed b) I really regret sleeping with just about all of them and c) my last boyfriend was a complete nutjob!
  • Options
    I try not to think of previous lovers. But there's always that something special, or different, that each one does/did that I miss. As I said, I try not to think of it too much, and concentrate on what's special about the current g/f at the time.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I try not to think of previous lovers. But there's always that something special, or different, that each one does/did that I miss. As I said, I try not to think of it too much, and concentrate on what's special about the current g/f at the time.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    yeh i agree with this i miss sum of the things ex b/f's use 2 do but i concentrate on the present :)
  • Options
    I'll always miss certain things about my ex boyfriends, but also things I'm glad 2c the back of! I'm happy with my boyf now but sometimes past lovers do come up in conversation. I jus put it down to experience and reminisce on the old times.
  • Options
    " is the law against me if i say aye?"

i compare. ive been wit a few guys and all but one were complete crap. im going to be completly honnest wit you guys, coz you dnt know me or my past partners, i couldnt feel them at all after entry. poor things they have to go thro life wit small penis's hehehe:lol:

to be honnest (once again) i dnt personally feel that love has anything to do wit SEX but has everything to do with making love. to me there is a huge difference between the 2. sex is just for fun where as making love has more to do wit intamcy(sp?) love and the joining of two bodys in a spritual, emotional and pleasureable high. what im saying might not make sence to alot of ppl but it make sence to me.
  • Options
    I've only every slept with one guy - my husband so i have nothing to compare him with.

Still think he's fab though!
  • Options
    from a slightly different angle do you ever feel, hmm iwonder what her last partner did? was it better than i'm doing?

sex and love are very different things. and comparison is a mightily dangerous game to start playing.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of comparison. I prefer to just remember beautiful stories about each of them. Some were heavy and stuck around for a while, some were just in it for kicks. They were all characters and I'm glad to have known (in the biblical sense, I suppose) each and every one of them.:)
  • Options
    I don't think comparison is a good road to go down, but then again it's really hard not to.
    The first person I slept with was a long term boyfriend who I was completely in love with, and thought he would be the only person I would ever sleep with. To be honest I never noticed that he was crap in bed because we were so in love, which is how I think it should be...
    But then on the rebound along came guy number 2 (which shouldn't have happened and although we last a month was effectively a one night stand), who was amazing in bed...and i suddenly clicked that ex 1 was actually crap....maybe this helped me get over him better though!!
    I don't know, it's hard not to compare when one was crap and one was amazing...