Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did i do the right thing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my mate have been friends since school, we've done loads toghether but over the past couple of years she seems to think im dependent on her, always telling me what to do and when were going out and stuff, its been pissing me off alot, and on my birthday last monday id definatly had enough. I invited her up to the pub because my bloke and a few of my mates had put a bit of a do on for me, i thought id invite her purely cos i havent seen her for bout 4 months, anyway, we got up there and i was just about to introduce her to my mates and she told me she wasnt intrested in meeting them, that pissed me off for a start, then her fone went and a mate of hers had called to ask her to go to out and she said she would go, then after that when she told me she was going she said let me know what nite of the w.end were going out because she wanted to invite a few of her mates (was only ment to be me and her going) so anyway i was quite annoyed by this, so when she txt me mid week (we had arranged to go out on the friday) and said can we make it sat cos its someones b.day on friday i couldnt believe it so i ended up going out with my bloke and my mates all weekend, havent spoken to since I personally think its then end of our friendship, am i being too harsh or what?

Comments

• Options
    ummm ok i dont think your being harsh or anything but i dont think you should end a long term friendship over something like this. Ok it was totaly out of order to do that on your birthday and everything but at least keep texting just not totaly blanking her. Who know's she might be sorry for wot shes done
  • Options
    well if its been pissing you off for a while. it sounds like its her general attitude and lack of respect for you, rather than just this one incident. Just back off from it a bit emotionally, Ive had to do this with friends before, you get emotionally involved and then it really hurts when they let you down.
  • Options
    People change and it looks like you two aren't really changing together! If you value her friendship then it's worth staying friends with her rather than throw away a good friendship, yeah it wasn't a nice thing to do but we all piss each other off sometimes it doesn't mean we should never speak to each other again. Maybe just talk to her and tell her how you feel, but don't let the friendship go down the drain all together :)
  • Options
    Got that right angelbabe, but it seems that she is sort of jelous (sp) of me, seems its alright for her to have all these other mates, but not me! Last time she was up we planned a nite out in ipswich, just me and her, then when she turned up she had 3 people i didnt know with her! We decided to go to my local for a few drinks before going out and my mates where in there, so i had a chat with them, she got right stroppy and told me we were going NOW! is that the sort of behavior for a normal friend? My other mates arnt like it at all, think i might txt her occasionally but thats it.
  • Options
    no u did the right think well done
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterfly00
    Got that right angelbabe, but it seems that she is sort of jelous (sp) of me, seems its alright for her to have all these other mates, but not me! Last time she was up we planned a nite out in ipswich, just me and her, then when she turned up she had 3 people i didnt know with her! We decided to go to my local for a few drinks before going out and my mates where in there, so i had a chat with them, she got right stroppy and told me we were going NOW! is that the sort of behavior for a normal friend? My other mates arnt like it at all, think i might txt her occasionally but thats it.

Your friend actually sounds alot like how I use to be. We were really good mates in school, saw each other all the time we were practically joined at the hip some even said we were lesbians cos we were so close :rolleyes: Then when we went to college and she made new friends I hated it, it was ok for me to talk on and on about my new friends but when she did I would get funny about it. Thinking back it's because I knew we were changing and drifting apart which I didn't like, I didn't want other people hanging round with my best mate who I had been friends with so long and so well. But at the end of the day we change, and your mate sounds very jealous, perhaps she in a way wishes she was you, as I did with my friend, I felt she was more popular as she was finding it easier to fit in at college than I was. I was jealous that she was getting a new circle of friends. I know it's not nice to want you all to herself and she needs to realise that you are allowed other friends just like she is. But I don't think you should fall out with her as if anything her behaviour shows that she values your friendship alot.