Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have no idea what's wrong!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Everytime I get up, or move around, my head goes funny (light headed) and my heart beats really fast. It's almost like a mini panic attack, but it makes me feel really unwell. I feel ok if i'm just sat down.

:confused::confused:

I think it's because i'm working so much, and not having much time to relax/sleep. Could that be the cause?

Comments

• Options
    it sounds a bit like vertigo, you might want to see your doctor about it. bear in mind that none of us here are doctors and cant diagnose you, but it sounds a lot like what my mum had, and that was vertigo.
  • Options
    Might be low blood pressure? I sometimes feel a bit dizzy if I get up too fast
  • Options
    I get that too.
  • Options
    Could be a number of things. Go get yourself checked out at the docs.
  • Options
    I haven't really got time to go to the doctors! I think it might be just exhaustion. Am really paranoid sometimes that i'm going to pass out somewhere embarassing. :crazyeyes

Will just take it easy for a while i think. thanks for all your advice x x
  • Options
    i would try and make time to go to the doctors. Your health is important. Im sure they can give you stuff for vertigo. the doctor would probably want to carry out tests on your ears to make sure thats not why you are feeling dizzy.
  • Options
    what is vertigo?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i would try and make time to go to the doctors. Your health is important.

As above..you should make time, its important.
  • Options
    Hello,

The most likely thing is probably 'postural hypotension'. It can usually be avoided by standing up slowly. However, you should go for a checkup to rule out viral infections, anaemia, hormone imbalances and so on.