Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inside the mind of Saddam?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read this online earlier, and I thought it was interesting. However, to what extent is it mirrored in our own systems? Do George W and Tony Blair surround themselves with 'yes men', too? Or is it a province of dictators only?

BBC News Report

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's a way of working that can be used by dictators only, as they are not subject to the same rules as our government. They seem to have, more or less, complete power.

I've not a great idea of how the UK and US governments work, yet. But the fact that only three people were consulted was interesting.

This is a powerful way of working, the less people needed to decide on a strategy makes for a more agile organisation; things can change direction very fast.
    This, of course, only works beneficially when the deciding people know exactly what they are doing.

It's a good business model, as can be seen in Microsoft: the decision making team is small, as a result the company is able to change very fast.
    I don't think it's a great political model, because we vote for a party, not an individual, and entrust them to make the decision, not just Tony Blair.

Please forgive me for going a bit off-topic, and being an ignorant Politics Newbie. :)