Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is the world Blind?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
* Which country alone in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspection?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East seized sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of UN Security Council Resolutions?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East is in defiance of 69 UN Security Council Resolutions and has been protected by U.S vetoes?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East had a high ranking United Nations Diplomat assassinated?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East has the authorities forcefully preventing Palestinian refugees the right to return to their homeland against the UN Security Council resolution 194?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country on this planet has the second most powerful lobby force in the United States, according to a recent Fortune Magazine survey of Washington insiders?

Answer == Israel !

* Which country in the Middle East has:

90,000 Palestinian students been deprived from attending school,

Uprooted over 112,000 olive trees in Palestinian land,

Hit 165 ambulances, killed 4 ambulance drivers and seriously Injured 122,

Killed 1251 and injured 18,507 people by the security forces and settlers,

Receives over $5 Billion aid each year from the U.S, more than the whole of Africa,

Demolished 7000 homes,

Created 762,000 refugees,

Confiscated almost 750,000 acres of land,

Killed 435 Palestinian school children?

Answer == Israel !

Is the world Blind?

Comments

• Options
    No just to PC to stand up and hold Israel accountable like we are so ready to do with their Arab neighbours.

Remember, anyone who dares criticise the atrocities committed by Israel must be anti-semitic! Isn't that convenient!? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    This is great stuff that has been posted before. Now to show that you are a balanced and fair individual, you need to list how many times Israel was attacked by Egypt, Sryria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan etc. Also list how many Israelis have been killed by bombs, armed attacks from the Palastinians. There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of that fence. If you only list one sides negative press you have closed your mind on the issue and help to prolong it. The problem will exist until both sides admit their wrongs and work toward a peacefull solution. Israel has a right to exist and so does Palastine.
  • Options
    Yes, the world blind

(edited to say that someone obviously ended up in my account posting under my name! Mine is the post below this one, I dont know who posted this,,,)

Of course, world is blind, a world who's big leader is George Bush, must be blind, because Bush does not see what beyond his nose.

He named Sharon, Israeli Prime Minister " A Man of Peace" whilst it was meant "Man of beast", but Bush's English is worse that Sharon's English.

He does not see the fact, that everyday too many innocent people are killed, If those killed are of Western origins, sure he would not keep silent.

The massacre of "Jenin Camp" is icon of shame above America and Israel leaders foreheads. Palestinians have only God who protects them, but Israelis "Children of God", have America to protect them, HUH.
  • Options
    Indeed hk, I agree that both have a right to exist. Nevertheless, in a time when all the world is acclaiming the importance and seriousness of obeying UN resolutions (i.e. Iraq) we must, if we wish to maintain any credibility, enforce those UN resolutions which Israel itself has disregarded for so many decades.

Let us begin with Israel's compliance and the international community will have the moral upper hand in forcing Hamas and other terror groups to stand down. If they refuse then we have yet, given Israeli compliance with their obligations, further strength in rallying those Arab governments with whom we do have good relations to expel them or allow Interpol and other agencies to disarm them and round them up for international criminal proceedings.

The reason that a fair number of us continue to point out Israel's wrongdoing is that the media is heavily biased in favour of Israel and rarely do we see any criticism of what they have been systematically doing to keep the Palestinians in a state of utter deprivation and base survivalism.

If we truly care about avoiding hypocrisy and the selective application of international law, then let Israel fulfill its obligations fully and ive little doubt that most nations would be ready to help them attain lasting security.
  • Options
    Mask, you showed your true face.
  • Options
    Is the world blind?

No, but I think you might be...In case you missed it, those on the palestinian side are no angels..similar lists can be made for their crimes.

I will never be able to understand peoples opinion on this issue. Why can nobody ever accept that both sides are to blame.
  • Options
    Why the insistence on highlighting the wrongs of all sides when it is irrelevant to a particular point?

Fact is it doesn't need saying we all know the other wrongs yet this is somehoe used an argument for ignoring what Israel does.

Israel is the country that is funded and supported by our governments and is the one that is currently an important issue thus it is sensible to highlight that nation, it doesn no good to mention in every article that the middle-east is run by evil despots and to condemn palestinian terrorism, no-one is questioing that!
  • Options
    Ok then Toadborg, tell me...Exactly what was the particular point the thread starter was making?
  • Options
    It seems apparent that the thread starter was merely cataloguing the wrongs of Israel which the media continually overlook whilst insisting on showing only the atrocities committed by suicide bombers.

Its time that those so opposed to being "PC" took a dose of their own medicine and stopped pandering to the Israeli side whilst condemning Palestinians for fighting back with what limited means they have at their disposal.

Does that make the fighting right? No of course not! But tell me how willing you would be to just accept it as your fate if a wall were built around your town, you were forbidden to travel, couldnt find work to feed your children, watched Israeli tanks and Apache helicopters obliterate your men, women and children?

That is what the thread starter wanted to emphasise I presume since the media consistently fails to report the situation objectively and fairly from both sides.
  • Options
    put me back on the drip, nurse...
  • Options
    Re: Is the world Blind?
    Originally posted by mask
    * Which country in the Middle East seized sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of UN Security Council Resolutions?

Which country had been invaded and was defending itself?

Go on, see if you can guess Mr Troll in a Mask...

I think Balddog got this one right...
  • Options
    Which country in the Middle-East is the only one in which any Palestinians have the right to vote?

Israel

Anyone looked into the status of Palestinians in Kuwait? Why not?
  • Options
    Mask, I was thinking. You don't know any Jews. And I'm not one so I can't help you there. You have to help yourself. For the sake of Jews? No, for your sake. So that you're not so angry. So you can make a rational, realistic difference to help your people. So go hang out in a Deli or something. Whatever you have to do to get to know some Jews. You'll start to see them as people with different opinions. It will be the first step in getting rid of the hatred that his killing you while every one else goes on with life.

There will be a Palestine that respects that there will be an Isreal. Why? It's good for Jews too. Palestinians have many more babies than Jews do. So if Isreal is to remain a Jewish state...it will be good to have a Palestine. Problem is right now, Hamas is stirring up hatred to prevent a Palestine that respects the right of Isreal to exist. So go find some Jews to talk to. I can tell you don't know any.