Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The gates of hell opening soon in Iraq?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Saudi Arabia warned that putting Saddam out of office would open "the gates of hell".

When he is being attacked, will he unleash the dirty bombs, biological and chemical weapons he has? Or could we expect that before? Knowing he's losing his country, will he pass on his capabilities or materials to Al Qaeda?

Since Iraq is tribal with no true history of democracy, how will it become one? Will there be a mad grab by Al Qaeda for materials in the turmoil of a war-ravaged Iraq?

What do you guys think.

I've given myself a headache.:crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Or he could mean (and this is a view that pretty much every Arab leader has voiced recently) that if the US attacks Iraq while the situation in Palestine remains unsolved (and kept that way by America's stance) we can expect a wave of protest, riots and anti-Western feelings in Arab and Muslim countries like we've never seen before. Followed possibly by the fall of one or several governments to the hands of extremists, and attacks on US and Western interests throughout the world.

Jordan, which is one of the friendliest Arab countries towards the West, has started evacuating non-essential American and British officials. If (when) the war kicks off, anyone of Western origin is advised to keep a very low profile, if they must stay in the country at all.

So if that is the situation in moderate, friendly Jordan imagine what might happen elsewhere. Countries like Saudi and Pakistan are shitting themselves at the very real chance of seizure of power by extremist nutters.
  • Options
    I don't know why you perist with the Iraq-Al Qaida link, there is no confirmed proof and there is no real reason for them to be allied....

Saddam has no dirty bombs to unleash......

No country really has any 'history of democracy' that goes back very far. If the alliance actually seeks to build a democracy then it will undoubtedly be a slow and difficult process but i see no reason why it has to fail......
  • Options
    you better pray he realy hasn't got any WMD. cos if he has, a quarter of the british army will be gone. the military might of america will be severely damaged and all our military hardware will get left behind. but then the gates of hell may well be opened as baghdad is vapourised. big power vaccum caused an a very unstable america, unable to look after it's interests around the world by conventional violence. lets hope those gates remain shut aye.
  • Options
    really good thoughts and aspects I didn't think of guys.

Toad. I put info up and deliberately push buttons. I like to get arguments going...I learn a lot that way.
  • Options
    british troops are to be given no smallpox jab. why? because the government have decided there is no such threat in iraq. interesting aye?
  • Options
    MR maybe in the role they are going to play they won't be where he can deliver smallpox.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    MR maybe in the role they are going to play they won't be where he can deliver smallpox.
    if they even suspected he had it you can bet our troops would be vaccinated.
  • Options
    They showed the American troops being vacinated for it on t.v. But who knows?
  • Options
    I think the American and British troops are at much higher risk of sunburn than exposure to any sort of WMDs.

Plus given the catalogue of physical and physiological problems veterans of the Gulf War suffered after being injected with everything under the sun, I bet soldiers will be happy not to have too many shots.
  • Options
    that's true aladdin. They also showed some bomb that goes into a building and explodes it on the inside without knocking down the walls that would incinerate bio chemical weapons without releasing them in the air. They had lot's of those military shows on tv this weekend.
  • Options
    Good promos for further arms sales no doubt! lol.
  • Options
    I thought of you Clandestine. Cause I laid in front of the t.v. as I did my homework this past weekend. And a few channels went to the peace rallies. And a bunch of other ones were things about new weapons, the national Geographic thing on Bin Laden, Holy War Inc., the Gulf War in Iraq. Iraq's War agains Iran. It's almost as if the channels thought wow, all the people who would be into war things are home in front of their t.v.'s. The one's into the peace thing are out marching.

Thought it was funny.
  • Options
    Just goes to further the old addage, "tell the majority what they want to hear", even if it leaves out important and relevant contextual truth. That's what the media has been feeding Western nations since 9/11 and precious few are noticing the lies and half truths.

Reminds me of the heyday of Reagan's gung ho "Evil Empire" rhetoric and how well the MIC faired during his terms in office.