Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Marvelon - pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,

ive been on a new pill for a week called Marvelon, was on microgynon30 for a year but the mood swings got too much for me! :( :mad: :D:( :mad: :D
:p

just wondering if anyone is on Marvelon and has had any side effects to it? apparently its supposed to give you the least amount of side effects..

thanks
:)

Comments

• Options
    What a coincidence diet :p My ex girlfriend was on Marvelon. She didnt seem to suffer from any side effects, and wasnt particularly moody in anyway other than normal run of the mill stuff :p
    Current girlfriend is on something called Depo Provera, which is really good, u have an injection once every 12 weeks and you are safe from getting preggers :)

Get some more info here http://campus.umr.edu/studenthealth/depo.html

and feel free to ask me anything on msn next time u r on :)
  • Options
    I was on marvelon for several months, but I got really irregular bleeding.....however I've had this problem with loads of types of pill, so maybe it's just me! I didn't have any other problems with it though, like mood swings or anything. Good luck....I know the hell that is trying to find a pill that suits you! ;)
  • Options
    can i just emphasize that each pill suits each person differently :) Just so i don't put anyone off thats all or frighten people off it.

I took Marvelon for two years and had the worst two years of bad health. Nearly every day i'd wake up tired out, feeling sick and with a cracking headache. It ended up really messing my life up for a bit as i felt like i was 50 some days instead of 20.
    I kept going back to the doctors who reassured me it wasn't the pill, but i've been off it nearly 4 months now and it's getting better all the time.

*shrugs* just didn't agree with me.
    apparently its supposed to give you the least amount of side effects..

i'd been told it was one of the worst but then i think most things you hear are rather like chinese whispers.
  • Options
    My own experience of Marvelon:

I have been on it for about three years. I was prescribed it due to period problems (painful, heavy, long). I have suffered no negative side effects in this time as far as I am aware. It has made my periods much better than they were- lighter, less painful and only lasting 5 days instead of 8-10. I think my breasts may have increased in size when I first went on it although I can't be sure if this is directly related to taking Marvelon. Also, my doctor mentioned that Marvelon is meant to be good for my skin although I can't say I've noticed much difference.

This is just my own experience of Marvelon but I hope it helps. But as has been said before, different pills suit different people.

Good luck!

Randomgirl xx
  • Options
    I've been on Marvelon for just over a year. I tried two others before that but they put my blood pressure up too much. I haven't had any problems with Marvelon (touch wood!)