Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Police officer killed during counterterrorism raid.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What creeps we let in to our countries.

MANCHESTER, England (CNN) -- Police forensic teams are searching a flat for traces of the deadly poison ricin after an officer was killed there during a counterterrorism raid.

Detective Constable Stephen Oake died on Tuesday night from stab wounds and four other officers were wounded as police arrested three men -- all described as North Africans -- in Manchester, northern England

Oh, and this is a lead story on CNN in America. To protect the North Africans, the police had put them in gear that would protect them against hazardous material too. When the opportunity presented itself, one grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed the police officer to death.

Comments

• Options
    It had buggerall to do with "protecting" the North Africans. According to the senior police officer there, they were removing the men's clothing for forensics...

No excuse for what happened, but it doesn help if reporters get their facts right...
  • Options
    Really? You can read where I got my facts online on the NY Post. You'd have to go to Yahoo US, click on newspapers. Then the NY Post. The article's title is: " 3 men held after Uk anti-terror raid."
  • Options
    No body armor, no weapons, and no handcuffs. That's why it happened they are saying.
  • Options
    And so what if the 'North Africans' were given protective garments? Isnt that a human right issue, to protect, innocent until proven otherwise, even criminals have human rights according to our goverment.
  • Options
    yes, but some dont deserve human rights. Killing a police officer is one of the worst crimes I can imagine after rape.

It may have been their own fault as they kept them there for an hour before anything happened, when they should have either called for backup or taken them to a police car or station.
    Either way, they are scum.
  • Options
    cheekychick...I posted about the protective clothing to convey that they were being treated well by the police according to what I read.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    cheekychick...I posted about the protective clothing to convey that they were being treated well by the police according to what I read.

Ok Hun, I seem to be missing the jist with alot of your posts:confused:

Whowhere, I agree, people like this dont deserve human rights but our oh so pc goverment consider even murderers to be entitled to such.
    I feel the police that went in were a tad naive, or even blind to the possible cosequences. We are talking possible terrorists, possibly hiding a supply of ricin, did they really think they could just walk in and 'oi matey your nicked, come quietly or I'll whack you on the bonts with me truncheon' ??