Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Y would Algerians be angry with the UK?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know, a little bit, about why some Algerians are angry with the French. But why would they be angry with the UK? I read there are some radical Islamics killing Algerians in Algeria. Are these the ones that are angry with the UK?

Comments

• Options
    Simple really. They support Bin Laden so it makes us enemies too.
  • Options
    What makes you assume that any Algerians are angry with the UK?

If it's based on the ricin incident then you should consider that the UK could just be a staging point, that London is 100 miles from the French coast, and about 2-4 hours travelling time...by land...

The one lesson we have taken from recent incident is that the terrorists nationality, or the staging point for an attack, may no longer be an issue.
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't think of that MoH. Like they use Canada to hit the US. Or rather, have tried to.
  • Options
    the equipment and the ammount of ricin involved suggests personal targets not poulations. they couldn't realy have been plotting an attack say on the underground. a number of umbrella type personal attacks on individuals yes.
  • Options
    I read some place that the police in London felt they were just going to try to cause a panic in London and keep people from wanting to visit there as vacationers or to go in and see a play, etc.
  • Options
    Well they got the wrong people. Briton's stayed in London during the Blitz and they ate British Beef during the BSE crisis. No Ricin is going to change the British stiff upper lip!
  • Options
    re:

Nice discussion on the site, howzit everyone...

I don't think that Algeria has got problems with the UK either, this is Al Quada trying to spread fear around.

The shocking thing about this whole thing is seeing just how far around the globe these terror cell now reach.
  • Options
    I agree RS and LS. I'm sooo glad they caught these people and charged them with terrorism. From the states, reading these reports is like watching some criminal get into your relatives house.