Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"Global warming" leaves me cold.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's cold here. It's really cold in Moscow and ya know what. I'm not buying the global warming thang. Look at me, I'm turning blue!:(

Comments

• Options
    If it feels particularly cold it is because of global warming. The term doesn't mean that everyone will be walking in tropical shirts throughout the year. It is more complex than that and it involves raises in temperatures in the upper atmosphere. These raises don't seem much (2 or 3 degrees Celsius), but for every degree warmer millions of tons of ice melt from the polar caps. This affects global climate, sea levels, the survival of many species and endless other factors.

Global warming is caused mostly by the burning of fossil fuels (oil, coal etc). Do a search on the issue (but please from an objective source, not an US based agency of any sorts) and this will be explained at length.

As we all know one of the very first things Bush did was rejecting the Kyoto agreement. I'm pretty sure he and his friends in the oil industry have told the American public global warming is nothing to worry about. In fact it is the single most serious threat to this planet, much more so than nuclear war or biological terrorism, and the fact that America pulled out of the worldwide agreement to control CO2 emissions will be remembered for centuries to come, and regardless of what else he will do George W. Bush will be down in history as one of the most infamous Presidents of all time.

But hey, screw solar power and other renewable energy sources. Up in America they like burning their oil and they like their gas-guzzling monster trucks, and who the hell are we the inhabitants of planet earth to tell Bush what cars to drive or how to regulate its industry.
  • Options
    Instead of an ice-age, we could soon be faced with a water age as the polar ice-caps melt. This theory I believe was the background for the film "Waterworld".
  • Options
    OMG blahaaaaaaaaa

I just liked that headine that came to me that's why I posted it.

No, I think there's something to global warming. Interesting post there Aladdin. Chill dude, I hear ya broth-ah. :eek: