Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something old, something new...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a 55 y/o high school teacher with an interest in the workings of the adolescent mind. I spent a year and a half on a Canadian "youth" web site doing research, but kept getting kicked off due to their ageist TOS. I'm hoping a similar prejudice does not exist here.

Comments

• Options
    originally posted by maddog
    but kept getting kicked off due to their ageist TOS. I'm hoping a similar prejudice does not exist here.

Nah, age doesn't matter here. Political stances do :p

Welcome to the site :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome, J.R., and I shall make every effort to curb my rabid and radical tendencies... at least somewhat.
  • Options
    Hiya! :D

Welcome!
  • Options
    Hiya :wave:
  • Options
    Hello mate and welcome to the boards:)
  • Options
    Hello :)

It makes me a bit nervous knowing that a teacher is reading what we write here :eek: which is silly because I'm in England and I'm don't go to school anymore. Ha ha.

Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    hi :D

how come teachers are so evil? we have 1 complete sexist teacher in our school he always is nasty to me and my (male) friends but when he is talking to girls he is really pleasant. methinks he is a peadiophile or something. must be careful however, he is alwayysss watching

i think when im old and have no further reason to live i will piss through his letterbox. yay!

and once again hi :D

i have no problem with age but my hatred at teachers will probably be directed at you :D:p:D

welcome to thesite :)
  • Options
    Thank you all for the gracious welcome!

Shyboy, I can't speak for the others in my profession, but my evil nature is primarily a byproduct of the normal human condition... we tend to send out essentially what we have received. I bust my chops trying to treat students fairly and with due respect, but this is usually easier said than done. I teach a self-contained class for special education students with "emotional issues" and deal with problems well outside the purview of the average classroom. Still, I'm bugged more by the lack of my students' academic progress than by their erratic behaviors. I'd also guess that most of them perceive me as being evil because of my constant harangues on that point.
  • Options
    I spent a year and a half on a Canadian "youth" web site doing research, but kept getting kicked off due to their ageist TOS

heya Maddog. I remember you from the ageist site. (this is Sanity) :) They miss you there, you know. They really did like you. Too bad Brad ruined it for everyone.

But, its so good to see you here. I was really fond of you, as well. :) *shakes hand*
  • Options
    hi maddog! :D

i haven't got any issues about age at all and i like teachers, cos my mum (mom) used to be one. same line of work as you for that matter, special needs/learning difficulties kids and she loved it.

have fun!
  • Options
    heylo :waves: