Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey! Anyone from Stoke-On-Trent?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey I'm John AKA Ace_Ventura

Just thought i'd say hi and see if anyone comes from where i live.

see ya soon people:)

Comments

• Options
    Yo dude I'm down in Cheadle near Alton Towers.
  • Options
    hey

wicked thats pretty close i actually live in newcastle-u-lyme.
    so what do you do in this crazy town to keep you occupied?
  • Options
    I used to work up in 'castle, Porthill to be exact.

I don't get up to much really, work from home, go to the pub. Occasionaly go up to Festival Park for the cruise out of sheer boredom.

What do you get up to?
  • Options
    Hiya:wave: nope im no where near where u live
  • Options
    yeah it aint the best town to keep you occupied is it.

yeah festival park is prob the best place round ere so's hanley alrite for shopping. i'm still at college at the mo so still studyin doing leisure and tourism.
    i go local gigs aswell at the sugarmill thast usually a good night out aswell. also the occasional fishing.

did you hear about the shooting at festival park..bit of a nasty business there
  • Options
    Yeah I heard about the shooting, quite nasty, wouldn't have liked to have had my Zinger Burger disturbed by that!

Sugermill is the only place worth going too unless your into the tacky clubbing, they have some great bands on, they had American Headcharge there a while ago!
  • Options
    haha yeah good one :)

yeah i love them i heard about them when they were actually playing ahc i was gutted.
    there on about disturbed playing there but i doubt it.
    i'm of there on the 15th to watch inme i dont really like them but i got a date n she likes em so keep her happy ;)

you off any decent gigs this year?
  • Options
    I don't tend to go to gigs at all as non of my mates are into metal. But a few new friends I have made are into the good stuff, they are goint to try and drag me to OzzFest this year.
  • Options
    Hello Ace_Ventura *waves*. I live just down the road from you (ish) in Congleton, and my bf lives in Kidsgrove. Small world, eh? I too am familiar with the wonders of Festival Park, Hanley, the Sugar Mill - not what some would call first class but I love them all the same, and they're a hell of a lot better than any 'entertainment' that you might find in Congleton. Nice to meet ya! :)
  • Options
    Wicked!!
    another stokie.
    Its like a reunion of some kind aint it, The Reunion Of Oatcake Eaters hahaha

so do you go to the sugarmill often?

anyone going see inme there on the 15th?
  • Options
    I've been a few times but to be honest I never seem to have enough money to get in and then proceed to get nicely merry ...not to mention getting 'up Hanley duck' and back - unless you want to take advantage of the wonderful Roytax taxi service of course, quite possible the worst taxi firm in Britain... I'm sure they're actually just donkey carts with engines. And even they charge you a packet. Me and my mates always seem to end up in one of the many pubs that Congleton has to offer (it's supposedly got more pubs to the square mile than any other town in Britain, although I'm not sure if that's true). But when I do get up there it's always a pretty good night! You're right about it being the best place around for shopping though; the opposition doesn't compare!