Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Violent, radical, Islamic Dutch Society

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My contention is if you don't stand for something, your "liberal society" can quickly become something else. Here's an article providing the decay and perversion of Dutch society.

Dutch Say Al Qaeda Recruitment Succeeding

Reuters
Tuesday, December 10, 2002; Page A21

AMSTERDAM, Dec. 9 -- Islamic militants linked to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network are succeeding in a drive to recruit young men in mosques, cafes and prisons for a "holy war" against the United States, the Dutch secret service said today.

The report was issued to the Dutch parliament as concerns grew over Islamic militancy in the Netherlands after two men were accused at a trial in Rotterdam of plotting to attack the U.S. Embassy in Paris.

"The recruitment of these youths shows a violent radical Islamic current is stealthily taking root in Dutch society," the secret service said in its report.

The recruiters were legal and illegal immigrants, almost all of whom had fought in Bosnia or in Afghanistan, said Vincent van Steen, a secret service spokesman. Many were trained in al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan.

Several dozen youths were being trained to fight for al Qaeda, the report said.

The Dutch agency said the successful recruitment here and in other Western countries indicated the threat of "Islamic terrorism" toward Western countries was growing.

Comments

• Options
    why are you surprised that opressed people are getting organised and fighting back. what do you expect abused people to do ?
  • Options
    what about going after the royal families that are keeping all of the money to themselves? Or the corruption of Egypt? We give Egypt over a billion a year, where does it go?
  • Options
    opressed people?????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    what about going after the royal families that are keeping all of the money to themselves? Or the corruption of Egypt? We give Egypt over a billion a year, where does it go?
    how about going after the richest 1%...1% of americas population who are raiding a trillion dollars from the pockets of ordinary americans ? i dont know what egypt do with a billion dollars. it's not a great deal of money but america doesn't give without getting something back.
  • Options
    don't you mean without getting more back?
  • Options
    Might be in exchange for not attacking Isreal. But why aren't you upset about the rich arab families that take the wealth of the region? why?
  • Options
    I never said I wasnt. Most of those regimes are part of what I am talking about concerning the duplicity of Bush's foreign policy and his selective targetting of a few regimes over the rest (which America supports) for condemnation.

This is just one reason why attacking Iraq is a hypocritical move that Bush doesnt want people to ask too many questions about lest the country get wise to his true underlying interests.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Might be in exchange for not attacking Isreal. But why aren't you upset about the rich arab families that take the wealth of the region? why?
    but it's thier region. why should we interfere ?
  • Options
    moroccan, we already have been interfering in their affairs, for quite some time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    moroccan, we already have been interfering in their affairs, for quite some time.
    yes...and some think we should interfere more not less. can you imagine america trying to tell the rich they have to distribute thier wealth more evenly ? now that would be funny.
  • Options
    so 2.65 million people are are somehow dipping into my pocket? OH YOUR RIGHT THATS THE GOVERMENT EMPLOYEES WHO STEAL A FULL 25% from paycheck each week!

Originally posted by morrocan roll
    how about going after the richest 1%...1% of americas population who are raiding a trillion dollars from the pockets of ordinary americans ? i dont know what egypt do with a billion dollars. it's not a great deal of money but america doesn't give without getting something back.