Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Applying for Uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I completed my GCSEs in June 01 and moved to a different region on the same day as my final exam. I then went to college, disliking the course and the new environment lead me to pulling out and taking a year away from education. In that year I did absolutely nothing, a few half-hearted attempts at jobs with bizarre pay (one offered £1.07 an hour to work for a full 6 days!) and that's about it.

However, I started college again in September of this year and I'm really enjoying it. It's an NQ Graphic course, I have the UCAS forms, but would I have stand a chance of getting into Uni next year opposed to waiting a further year? My lecturers say they'll write a reference and I'm sure I'd be able to come up with a suitable personal statement before the deadline.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Is an NQ a type of GNVQ? and what level is it at?

Getting into uni shouldn't be a problem, if it's a recognised course, and you're doing OK at it.

Good luck :)
    Thanks, should I wish to stay at college for a further year I'd be doing HNC then HND. NQ stands for National Qualification, the Scottish education system is hard to understand! I have a portfolio from my GCSEs which is quite impressive, anyone know how much art is required for your portfolio in the interview?
  • Options
    Well, from wot u've sed, U could probably apply, then get ur offers, see if u like them and accept, or do your second then re-apply to uni again, I think u can apply more than once, but u should hurry, the ucas deadline is soon, if it's not passed already!!!!!!!