Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Once a cheater, Always a cheater ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK...

Do you think people who've already cheated on someone always has that unfaithfulness with them in their personalities ??

Or do you think a lot of people cheat on someone once, then see the hurtness they caused and never cheat again ??

Personally, I reckon people can cheat again, but I think if there is genuine love between two people, then if someone's cheated and really hurt someone, then it's likely that they wont do it again.

Thoughts please people :)

Comments

• Options
    It depends on the reason for them cheating in the first place, and whether it was with you or not. Id say if someone had cheated on a previous partner, I wouldnt be particularly impressed, but then again, i wouldnt hold it against them, but if theyd cheated against me, then I wouldnt trust them, as that would mean they didnt respect ME.
  • Options
    I don't know Brian I think it depends on the person.

I personally think there are 2 classes of cheating. There is the downright low, SEEING two or more people at the same time, lying, sneaking around. Then there is one off snogs, lapses of lust and drunkeness.

I have cheated on people (the second kind) and felt shit about myself, if I really cared about someone I wouldn't do it.

Are you thinking of going back to someone who cheated on you by any chance?
  • Options
    I pretty much agree ith Katy (apart from i have never cheated)

Some people just never change, done it before so they can do it again kind of thing, and if this is about your ex, you are worth so much more than her :)
  • Options
    No, I don't think 'once a cheater always a cheater'
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

There is the downright low, SEEING two or more people at the same time, lying, sneaking around.

This is gonna sound weird, but maybe if someone does this kind of cheating, then they are less likely to do it again after being busted. The drunken type of cheating (the less serious form of cheating) might happen again with some people. Again it's down to the individual I suppose.

And yeah, it's about my ex. You guys can read me like a book.
  • Options
    From all that you have said about her my instict would be don't go there - you will probably end up getting hurt.

Think about the reasons for cheating in the 1st place, where they petty? Whats stopping her not doing it again. It comes down to trust really i guess, how much do you trust her...Think long and hard about the past and everything.

I guess sometimes it makes more sense to listen to you r head than to follow your heart...

You could always talk to her?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten

And yeah, it's about my ex. You guys can read me like a book.

Didn't you just say she was pregnant and uncertain about the father?

Bri, dear. No go area. She has messed with your mind on several occasions. I only know what you have written here on this site, but for me it seems like she just wants someone to stand by her while she is pregnant, someone who will take responsibility.

Your choice, but from my point of view it's almost doomed by the stage of the idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

I have cheated on people (the second kind) and felt shit about myself, if I really cared about someone I wouldn't do it.

I think the same.

• Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Didn't you just say she was pregnant and uncertain about the father?

Bri, dear. No go area. She has messed with your mind on several occasions. I only know what you have written here on this site, but for me it seems like she just wants someone to stand by her while she is pregnant, someone who will take responsibility.

Your choice, but from my point of view it's almost doomed by the stage of the idea.

Yeah. You're right. Just gotta convince mysef, then I'm sorted :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten

Yeah. You're right. Just gotta convince mysef, then I'm sorted :)

I do realise that it will be hard for you to ignore her.
    But it left you a wreck last time. And these circumstances she is under, definitely don't point to the position where she is about to change.

I'd say that the best thing for you to do, was to let her go. Show her, that she had a chance it's over, you're not their to be her muppet when she needs you.

*hugs* and lots of good luck, dear :)
  • Options
    No a cheater is not always a cheater. It depends on a lot of factors, i have cheated before but if i felt strongly about a girl i don't think i would.

I could trust someone who had cheated on someone else in their past but i could never start seeing a girl who had cheated on me before.

As for your situation, from the little i have read, don't even think about it. Pregnant too? Mate, you could do better for yourself.
  • Options
    Jon I agree with you totally.

I have cheated before and lots of mates have as well. But we were out with one of my mates ex's of 2 and a half years and it was brought up that he never cheated on her in that time because he cared for her so much.
    He is a player now and rips his gf's these days off all the time. I done it on my last gf but if I really liked a girl/loved a girl I dont think I would do it!

it depends a lot on how they do it- ie when where etc
    Originally posted by Jon_UK
    No a cheater is not always a cheater. It depends on a lot of factors, i have cheated before but if i felt strongly about a girl i don't think i would.

I could trust someone who had cheated on someone else in their past but i could never start seeing a girl who had cheated on me before.

As for your situation, from the little i have read, don't even think about it. Pregnant too? Mate, you could do better for yourself.
  • Options
    In my opinion I think it all comes down to have much you love/respect your partner and the relationship you have. If you're not happy then I guess you're more likely to look elsewhere, but if you are happy then you won't be tempted as much. Hope that makes sense lol.

I'm not too sure about the 'once a cheater, always a cheater' thing. I did cheat on one of my ex's a number of times with the same person - I loved him but he just wasn't making me happy and seemed to enjoy treating me like dirt. But then again, if I find the right person then I wouldn't be tempted.

I feel as if I've just been mumbling lol, so I hope you can all make sense of it :D
  • Options
    I never cheated on anyone till i cheated on my ex, I was with him for 1yr 1/2 and thought i loved him to pieces, there was always this other bloke in the back of my mind though, id fancyied him for near on 9yrs, been really friendly with him from when i was 16 but we've always been single at diffrent times, but it got to much after a while and i started seeing him behind my ex's back, only for a couple of days, but i still class it as cheating, I wouldnt ever do it again, i saw how much he was hurting, and still 5 months down the line hes not over it, bearing in mind ive had countless amounts of b.f who have cheated on me before hand, so i do know what its like to be cheated on. :(
  • Options
    I don't think once a cheater always a cheater....I cheated on an ex-girlfriend (not proud), because the relationship wasn't right. Now I have met someone that I'm truly happy with.......and there's no way on earth I'd do that to her. I can't even stand the thought of being with someone else!

There are some people who 'get off' on cheating.....my best mate is one of them, who will openly admit (not in the presence of his GF of course!), that he will ALWAYS cheat on everyone he goes out with....and is PROUD to be a 'player'!

On the subject of types of cheating, I don't see a difference.....their all as bad as each other.....drunken snogs etc....some people might reckon that is worse, cause your partner is threating your relationship, and showing complete dis-regard for your feelings......and to gain what, exactly?!
  • Options
    I'd hate to have a reputation of "getting around" or being a bit easy or something. To me, there is nothing sexier than being in a loving, trusting r/ship with the sexual sparks to match! :)
  • Options
    i dont think its true at all.Last thursday i got very drunk and cheated on me gf with about 5 different girls.And i tell you this i wont be doing it again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    i dont think its true at all.Last thursday i got very drunk and cheated on me gf with about 5 different girls.And i tell you this i wont be doing it again.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad

one a lier always a lier!!! http://www.thesite.org.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37218

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I don't think once a cheater always a cheater but,

i do think that people who are known for cheating on people like seeing two people at once, you should be wary of as you no what they are like.

but i suppose it depends on the person really because if your boy/girlfriend kissed someone one night who you had really trusted before and you no that they aren't really like that and it was probably due to large amounts of alcohol then i think that they can be forgiven,(though i still don''t think its right) aslong as they don't do it again :) but i don't think that actually having sex with someone else is acceptable, as it envolves alot more of emotions and i can't see how anyone could do that to anyone they supposdly love...

i have cheated once before on an Ex (not seeing two people) but i kissed a guy in a club when very drunk but then found out he had cheated on me and it was alot more then just a kiss :rolleyes:
    i still felt like shit for doing it though.
  • Options
    It really does depend. Some people cheat because they're unhappy in a relationship(not an excuse I know) but I think some people are just completely greedy. There's a guy I know at work who just cheats on everyone: any time he has had a gfriend he cheats on her all the time and I don't just mean getting off with people: this is serious serial cheating. I once challenged him about it as he was messing one of my friends around and I asked why he does it? The only answer he came up was that he couldn't help it! How pathetic is that?
  • Options
    YES. ONCE A FUCKING CHEATER ALWAYS A FUCKING CHEATER. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options