Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

traumatized badly. need a good councilor.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have seen hell on earth today. i would rather be in strangeways quietly locked away reading a good book and eating lumpy porridge. today reminded me why i chose sex and drugs and crime. it made me realise while an ever increasing number of people want to destroy our way of life. it reminded me why ...i moved out of the city and into the countryside. it made me seriously wander about some peoples version of reality and sanity...THE MATALAN SALE! people work hard all week, all month, all year so they can use thier hard earned money and valuable liesure time
to sit in chaotic traffic jams. be squashed into tiny spaces by screaming kids and smelly old ladies. for what exactly?
i stood and just watched for ten mins and then headed back to my bus. made a coffee and rolled a spliff. then sat under the only tree (if you could call it such)in a vast carpark and sat back and watched the madness. the utter futility of it all. i got a few funny looks but...there was a nice spiritual side to it. it brought home to me just why i dropped out as a teenager and became a hippy.
are we realy that desperate to own things? things that dont not never realy change the quality of our lives. dont cure depression or boredom?
whats it all about alfie?

Comments

• Options
    I agree it's stupid, here in Bristol it took someone 5 hours to get out of asda carpark on Monday!:eek:
  • Options
    Meh. I wanna drop out and be a hippy. Can't do that universal love bullshit though.

It took us seven hours to get out of the Brands Hatch carpark. Meh.
  • Options
    I dont go shopping. I live in a shed in a field and I eat berries and grass. and deers. and bugs. I dont go clothes shopping either... I wear my clothes till they fall apart, adnt then I pin them together or sew them together hehe just cause Im too lazy to go buy some new ones. I go clothes shopping once every few years. I hate shopping.
  • Options
    Errrr, can I be the lone voice here and say I bluddy love shoping. I don't do walking, but if there is lots of shops I will walk for miles. Somehow I always end up in the first shop that I went into buying the very first thing I saw. That is the fun of it though, honestly!!! I didn't get much shopping today as my wages aren't cleared in the bank till tuesday, bah bluddy bosses ruining my xmas shopping, making me wait till tuesday till all the good stuff is gone ( begins to rant uncontrollably :mad: :mad: :mad: ) Mind you, knowing me I will still find something to buy, and I will call it a 'bargain' to make myself feel better

Edited because I can't type for shit at moment
  • Options
    *Walks in humming*

Imagine no possession, I wonder if you can, no need for greed or hunger, our brotherhood of man.

hippy are good, M'kay:D
  • Options
    hippy are good, M'kay
    wooo horray for hippies
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    *Walks in humming*

Imagine no possession, I wonder if you can, no need for greed or hunger, our brotherhood of man.

hippy are good, M'kay:D

Why did you have to pick the worst verse from Imagine rather than the best one? :p
  • Options
    Anyone ever hear that song -
    I wanna be a hippy and I wanna get stoned...Want to be a runaway got to leave home...I want to get high, I want to get high, I want to get high but I never know why....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shukes

Why did you have to pick the worst verse from Imagine rather than the best one? :p

Hehehe, Because I'm difficult!:p

Which would be your best one then smartypants?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Hehehe, Because I'm difficult!:p

Which would be your best one then smartypants?

The first one of course. :p

Imagine there's no heaven,
    It's easy if you try,
    No hell below us,
    Above us only sky.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie
    Anyone ever hear that song -
    I wanna be a hippy and I wanna get stoned...Want to be a runaway got to leave home...I want to get high, I want to get high, I want to get high but I never know why....

Ever seen that South Park with that 'towelie' thing in it.

'Wanna get high!'

*His voice cracked me up*
    Originally posted by Shukes The first one of course .

So unoriginal:p :p
  • Options
    harmless you got a lovely arse!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    harmless you got a lovely arse!

I know, Emma jealous of me:p

It's my proud and joy now:D
  • Options
    The Matlan sale has to be the most uninspiring sale of the year, let alone the festive season.
    What I couldn't believe this year was Next opening up at 5 am on Boxing Day for the sales. I mean, come on, what sort of fuckwit thinks up something like that? And whose stupid enough to want to work at 5 am on Boxing Day, let alone go shopping in the sales at that time??? It's all insane, and yet another reason to despize this time of the year. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)