Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Evil to abort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just found out last night that im pregnant, by my last period and cycle im about 3 weeks pregnant, due on september 1st 2003. Well i suspected i was pregnant and teh test just confirmed it, but i still started shaking and crying when i found out. My boyfriend was pleased. He said its upto me if i keep it or not and that he'll support me either way so now i just think if i do get rid of it im eveil coz its selfish, im 17 so not too young if you ask me, i think abortions using that excuse should me 16 and under. I dunno, im 60% on keeping it...just want opinions i suppose

Comments

• Options
    How long is your boyfriend going to be around...

This is the rest of your life that you will be giving up, could you give a baby the support it needs, finacially, give it a good home etc and would you have your whole family behinf you, they are most likely the ones that will stick around rather than your boyfriend.

Your only just and adult yourself... Make sure it is your choice though not what your boyfriend wants. There is some information here if you need it.
    Pregnant....Now what

You may also find these numbers usefull :)

Family Planning Association, telephone: 0845 3101334.
    Brook Advisory Centres, telephone: 0800 0185023.
  • Options
    thanks

yeh my boyfriend insists that i dont have the baby if i dont want it, bt he'll be happy if we can keep it. Oh i dunno, my mam will be so upset and pissed off with me, and i'll feel so ashamed, to be hoenst the only reason i can think of for wantin an abortion is coz im so chicken shit to tell her :'(
  • Options
    You can ring them numbers and talk to people in confidence it might help...

Put it this way can you a) provide for this baby and b) are you prepared to give up your life.

At the end of the day the decsion is all yours and it is no one elses place to tell you what to do.
  • Options
    I understand what your feeling, a couple of months ago I found out I was pregnant and wasn't sure what to do, my boyfriend said he would stick by me whatever I decided. I had an abortion because I knew I couldn't financially bring the baby up the way I wanted and I knew that would hurt me if i couldn't do my best for it, plus I'm young and I just wanna have fun and I'm at uni and wanted to finish without the burden of child. I'm not stable or mature enough to handle a child and I'm 20.
This discussion has been closed.