Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Two Towers!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am I the only one that can't wait for no. 2!?!I'm really lookin forward to seein' ol' Legolas in those tights!!!!ooohhh!!!combined with his and aragorn's smolderin great looks;and the films great story line,its gonna be amazin!!!!yay!!!:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing it. It'll take some kick arse special effects to out do the first one though!
  • Options
    i'm really looking forward to it as well :D i just want to see if they've managed to make it as good as the book
  • Options
    i cant wait either :)
  • Options
    Not long now, this one has far better effects apparently, which should be good, and what's all the fuss about Orlando Bloom?
  • Options
    I don't even know if I'll bother going to see it when it comes out.

I still say they should have given the part of Frodo to Jet Li.
  • Options
    I can't wait! I'm gonna book tickets so I can see it before christmas. Then I'll probably go again a couple of weeks later. Then buy the video.

I'm not addicted, honestly....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I don't even know if I'll bother going to see it when it comes out.

I still say they should have given the part of Frodo to Jet Li.
    lol:lol: That would have been interesting, Frodo would have been a bit more useful in the battles had he been able to do flying kicks!
  • Options
    I can't wait for the battle scenes!

However, is it true that there won't be any ents in the film? They are an important part of the plot in this part!
  • Options
    NO WAY! If you don't have ents, it won't make any sense! And I was really looking forward to them! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • Options
    I can't wait. I've been talking about it since I saw the first one.

Such good movies. Such good books. :) ee! Great acting too!
    It is a masterpiece, methinks
  • Options
    Fuss?

I don't know all the fuss. I don't find Orlando Bloom hot. Or Elijah Wood, really. They are great actors though.

JET LI! What the hell!? Nah... I've read some stuff on Elijah Wood... he seems to be a Frodo -type person.

And I DO think that there WILL be ents.

They can't really take them out... They are a apart or taking Orthanc.

• Options
    I've nearly finished the book so I'm looking really forward to the film.The battle scenes have got to be the best parts of the film. Oh and seeing the guy who plays aragorn he's lovely.;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I can't wait for the battle scenes!

However, is it true that there won't be any ents in the film? They are an important part of the plot in this part!
    There will be ents I think, but not long now, just a couple of weeks...:D
  • Options
    might see it when it comes out
  • Options
    I can confirm that the Ents WILL be featured in the film;and John Rhys Davies will be giving the character of Treebeard his voice!!So keep an eye out for the Ents(not like you can miss 'em!!)!!
    Only one more day to go now and I hope everyone is as excited as me!!!!
    And the deal with Orlando Bloom??He's v.hot and he's just such a nice guy!!!!
  • Options
    I'm gonna go to the previews tomorrow thanks to my friend Nichola getting me PREVIEW TICKETS for christmas! aaaaawwwwwww!!!!! And I've never been to a preview, I'm looking forward to this! And Legolas in the rain before the battle... wet, just how I like him! :D
  • Options
    legolas in the rain,nice nd wet......hmmmmm:LOVELY!!!!!!im goin to see it on friday nd saturday,YAY!!!I cant wait!!!
    nd Sniper666, who said he MITE go nd see it;has gone 2 LONDON to see it!!!!!why do that, when u can go locally???!!!
  • Options
    give me a cushion and ill go n see it, 3 hours watching a film does nobodys arse any good!
  • Options
    Just got back from seeing it and it was FAB! The battle scene at Helms Deep is awesome! I love the way it is so emotive... the emphasis on the young lads having to go to war is heartbreaking!

Viggo Mortensen should be nominated for an Oscar, he was brilliant. He really go to grips withthe character.

My only critiscism was how fake the ents looked, sorry but with todays technology they could have looked more, well I dunno what, just better! It screamed 'blue screen' everytime Merry and Pippin were in shot! Also, the film didn't actualyl finish where the Two Towers book did, it finished well before!
  • Options
    i'm just back from seeing it too, absolutely amazing! the adaptation of gollum on screen was so much better than i imagined it would be and the mental torment between gollum and smeogul (sp?) was excellent!

i agree about the ents though, they were pretty sketchy, especially when they flooded isengard, the scale was pretty messed up. but all in all it was a top class film! :D
  • Options
    I just got back from seeing it too!! Hooooooooooooly SHIT was it good! :D I have to say I reckon it's better than The fellowship, and the way it was directed was interestingly different from the original, the new humour worked well and Gollum (Smegal) was sooooooooooooo much better than I thought he would be!

About the blue screening with Merry and Pippin, the reason it looked bad was not due to crap technology, it's because they didn't blur the focus enough in the background, a real shot like that would have the background VERY blurred, it's a common error and it's excusable because everything else was spot on perfect!

I haven't read the books yet, only The Hobbit, so I can't say how true to the book it is but I can only urge you to go and see it, surely it MUST go down in history as one of if not THE greatest film of all time.
  • Options
    i saw this movie last night and it was sooo good, but like 3 1/2 hours long. it's the kinda movie that makes your ass hurt from sitting so long haha. the special effects were amazing, the war scene was even really interesting to me... my friend said it was really a "guy" movie but I disagree, I got into it. I didn't read any of the books but half of the Hobbit. My boyfriend said they left out some really important parts though, like there is supposed to be a big spider at the end that kills Frodo? But they didn't show that in the movie. Huh...
  • Options
    It made 26 million in the US in one day. If I haven't read the book and didn't get to see the first one yet, will I understand it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sarebear246
    My boyfriend said they left out some really important parts though, like there is supposed to be a big spider at the end that kills Frodo? But they didn't show that in the movie. Huh...

i think that part's in the third book but gollum mentioned the spider at the very end of the film :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    If I haven't read the book and didn't get to see the first one yet, will I understand it?
    No, you won't. There is no 'update' on what has happened before and even if someone tells you what happened it still isn't worth it. Rent the first film and then see the second.
    i think that part's in the third book
    No, it is in the second. :p