Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs fund terrorism and organised crime!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Many people seem to be unaware of the consequences of buying drugs other than the direct affects on their health. For one thing the drugs trade is run mostly by organised crime gangs who carry out shootings of rivals often hitting innocent bystanders like during many shootouts between drugs gangs in America and Britain.

Another thing is that the drugs trade also fund terrorism. The IRA and UVF for instance have already taken over the drugs trade in large areas of Scotland forcing out local dealers and suppliers with extreme violence.

Al Quada and the Afghan War lords were also funded largely by the ilegal heroin trade during the 1980s in which heroin was smuggled across Asia and on to Europe. The cocaine trade also funds the Colombian drug cartels who have been responsible for murders of politicans and other public figures in Colombia which has one of the highest murder rates in the world due mainly to its illegal drugs trade and the drugs cartels.

People should really think about all the suffering that is caused by the illegal drugs trade before they take drugs.

Comments

• Options
    sounds like a pretty good argument for legalisation to me
  • Options
    yes most of us are aware of this thankyou. there are many disscusions about it posted in here. the main reason for needing it legalised is to take the super wealth, biggest money making machine that ever existed...out of the hands of criminals.
    it has never made sense to give billions upon billions of pounds to crooks and terrorists. the government are begining to catch up now. prohibition of alcohol had the same effects. that much wealth gives crooks enough power to corrupt not just governments but entire cultures.
  • Options
    It is highly unlikely that organised crime would suddenly give up its grip on the drugs trade. Legalisation would have some benefits but it would have to be considered very carefully. Personally I think that the only drugs which are safe to legalise are Cannabis and Ecstacy because these drugs do not lead to a severe addiction and their effects do not make users violent or a danger to anyone.

Legalisation of harder drugs could be a disaster as these drugs like heroin, cocaine and barbituites can be lethal and lead to a severe addication which can take over a persons life.
  • Options
    The bud I smoke doesn't fund terrorism and organised crime - it's all fresh West Country produce - thanks:D

Support your local grower:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lawnmower
    Legalisation of harder drugs could be a disaster as these drugs like heroin, cocaine and barbituites can be lethal and lead to a severe addication which can take over a persons life.
    legalisation of heroin by way of prescription has now started taking place in the u.k. and not to soon. if you are an addict and get your clean pure heroin from the chemist you are less likely to overdose accidently because of dosage standards.
    you are not going to buy rough cut heroin from your local dealer. thats him almost out of biz. an addict will not have to think 24hrs a day about where his next fix is coming from or steal your property. the ships full of heroin will divert to where it is still ilegal as thier cargos become worthless dust. an addict who isn't chasing his next fix will be able to work. nothing ever happens overnight ! prescribing does not cure addiction but will drasticaly reduce disease and crime and overcrowding in prisons. it will also alow the police to fight crime instead of being medicine police.
    at present massive recsourses go into "the war on drugs". the war has been lost...think thats obvious to anyone with half a brain. new tactics are needed.
    as whspliffy says (welcome back wh) home grown weed does not fund terrorism. britain now produces some of the best cannabis in the world. i know of it actualy being exported ! we may as well grow it legaly.
  • Options
    if ur man lawnmower is true about the lvf and the ira pushing drugs then the ira r the biggest hypercrits ever. they r going around ireland trying to set up vigalante groups in working class areas in ireland againist drugs, however they pushing it all along
  • Options
    If not drugs, something else would, weapons ??? immigrant trade, hostage taking, if income from drugs was suddenly reduced do you think terrorists would just give up ???????? Like someone has said this a good argument for legalising drugs, not a good argument for refraining from buying them.
  • Options
    Fair enough- but then when you buy drugs you could be buying them from Northern Alliance controlled Afghanistan- so strengthening them and keeping out the Taliban who aid and support Al Quaida. You may also be funding the Columbian Government who fight against FARC who are considered terrorists by the US government.

Does anyone here buy Bacardi products? If you do you are funding terrorism against the Cuban People and government, because the Bacardi Corp funds anti-revolutionary mercenaries- including one bombing which IIRC killed more than 300 civilians- dockworkers- in Havana.

I assume you'll be pushing for legislation as well since that would remove the trade from the terrorists?
  • Options
    Grow your own :D
  • Options
    no boys i understand what u mean, i do pills myself and i understand what ur saying, what annoys me the ira r going around all high and mightly telling all us junkies that we r the scum of the earth. maybe i do drugs but i lease i can say i aint going around blowing up innocent people
  • Options
    Hmmm, and the IRA havent had a big slice in the drug trade themselves for years? I dont think so.

Well I guess at least Burma has said its going to try and stop producing shit loads of opium, but then I'm sure they are making enough from the meth not to worry.

Drugs are the most profitable industry this world has ever seen, its not going to go away any time soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    Like someone has said this a good argument for legalising drugs, not a good argument for refraining from buying them.
    Another good argument against buying drugs is that they wreck your health, cause expense addictions, lead to increased crime levels and cause deaths. I am speaking about cocaine, heroin and other hard drugs here not soft drugs!

One thing that cannabis users could do is grow their own as buy growing their own then they would not be funding anyone plus they would save money.

I would be infavour of legalisation of many soft drugs while at the same time having an aggresive war on harmful hard drugs by the authorities such as heroin and cocaine as it is these drugs that do by far the most damage.
  • Options
    I think this is an argument for ethical consuming of all products but considering the minority that considers this important for already legal goods I find it unlikely it will take off in the drugs trade.........
  • Options
    Another good argument against buying drugs is that they wreck your health

35yrs of drug use and i'm feeling fit and healthy thankyou. along with mick jagger and kieth richards and......
  • Options
    I would be infavour of legalisation of many soft drugs while at the same time having an aggresive war on harmful hard drugs by the authorities such as heroin and cocaine as it is these drugs that do by far the most damage.

Yeah, but by giving pure heroin to addicts on prescription, would only be a temporary measure, while they are given councilling, etc to get them off the drug. This would prevent some drug related crimes from happening and lower health risks as the heroin is purer...seems like a good idea to me! :confused:
  • Options
    You know what? Religious groups fund terrorism, too. Let's ban 'em. :rolleyes:

By the way, Moroccan Roll (sp?), where'd you get that icon? It's awful familiar.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jollyjoe
    You know what? Religious groups fund terrorism, too. Let's ban 'em. :rolleyes:

By the way, Moroccan Roll (sp?), where'd you get that icon? It's awful familiar.
    typed in clipart searched around found the little fellah hey presto. someone has suggested it's the monopoly man !
  • Options
    why is it that you have a tiny bit of weed and cant understand debates at all....?
  • Options
    typed in clipart searched around found the little fellah hey presto. someone has suggested it's the monopoly man !

he kinda scares me... I just knew someone on another board (from some game I used to play) with the same little freaky guy, kinda wierd.