Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whiplash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody know what it is fully is, and if so…can the neck cure it’s self?

I only ask because I just remember how I might have hurt my neck

A while ago I went to my Uncles funeral and my Dad had a little car crash (I know, of all the days it had to happen!) I was in the back of the car and might have got the brunt of the force.

Anyway from what I can remember, my neck started to hurt from that day. It killed at some point and made my life very difficult.

That was like 3-5 months ago now (I think) and my neck feels better then it did. I had thought about going to see one of them people that manipulates backs (Not sure what they called, begins with a C!)

Anyway now that my neck no longer hurts like it did, I’ve kinda put off going but now I’m getting pains in my chest.

This may be due to me working out on weights again (I had to stop because of my neck) or do you think it’s all inter-linked together?

And where would I have to go to get it all sorted out, I’m still doing the weights (Not so sure if its a good idea?)

Any Ideas/help would be great!
:)

Comments

• Options
    I am not sure on that one, I was in a car crash and had whiplash, I had few injections in ma ass and had to wear a neck brace.

I also had pain in my chest but that was where the seat belt dug in.

Best to get checked out by the docs. I wouldnt think the two would be related after this time, but best to get checked out.

If you were hit from behind, did you claim compensation ?

:D
  • Options
    It was about a month an a half ago babe!

It could be whiplash. If i'd have known that that was what happened i would have made you go to the doctor.

Get your ass in gear and check it :)
  • Options
    I had whiplash some years ago from a car crash being hit from behind. I'm not sure if you have whiplash or not but as something is clearly wrong you should see a doctor even if you have something other than whiplash. My own experience of whiplash was that the car accident was in the morning on my way to school (I was sat in the back with my seatbelt on) but I felt ok in the day and even went to my dancing lessons after school. It was that evening that my neck started hurting and the next morning before I went into casulty. I got a neck brace and had to have physio therapy as wearing the neck brace meant that the muscles in my neck got very weak from not beiong used for so long. And I got compensation for personal injury :D

Anyway, go to the doctor and find out what's wrong- good luck and I hope you feel better soon :)