Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Y isn't Hizbollah baned in Britian?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The terrorist group from Lebanan has been baned in the US for about a year. After an announcement by their leader for more Palestinian suicide attacks, they are now baned in Canada. In the UK, only their military wing is baned.

It has been proved, and is one of the reasons we're going to go to war against Iraq, that Hizbollah gets resources and know how from Iran and Syria. For instance, a little over a year ago, they had to fill the back of a truck with fertilizers and chemicals to use as a bomb. Now they stick plastique under the t-shirt of a teen with died hair and have him or her walk into a crowd in Isreal and blow themselves up.

If that's not terrorism....what is?

Comments

• Options
    ... going to war with Iraq because Iran and Syria provide equipment and know-how to Hezbollah...

Now there is an unshakable justification free from hypocrisy if I ever heard one... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    becuase in britain we still have freedom of speech, freedom of movement and a government that the people voted for !
    another flimsy bullshit argument for going to war with iraq. do your poloticians just talk utter bollocks knowing that the people wont even notice ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    becuase in britain we still have freedom of speech, freedom of movement and a government that the people voted for !

OMG...ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

What do you do when all of this steps someone over their feet, in the sense of, what do you do when someone is threatened by someone elses "right"?

The above comment reminds me of a guy doing his uni degree, making his thesis about the "rights" of Hamas, and how they're just as good as any other politcal group, and that their terrorist-branch shouldn't affect their "rights" of becoming a ruling political party.

Sorry, if I went a bit off-topic. Just felt that I had to reply to that.
  • Options
    Re: Y isn't Hizbollah baned in Britian?
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

It has been proved, and is one of the reasons we're going to go to war against Iraq, that Hizbollah gets resources and know how from Iran and Syria.

If that's not terrorism....what is?
    terrorism is bombing the shit out of the iraqi people because iran and syria are up to no good. terrorism is having a right wing coup and taking over the most powerfull nation on earth. terrorism is terrorising the iraqi people because thier leader has done everything for the last twenety years that america and britain has told him to. terrorism is terryfying the american public into believing osama bin laden was responsible for 9/11.
    the ultimate terror machine is the american bullshit machine !
  • Options
    terrorism is the rampant anti-semitism running around Europe under the cloak of Palestinian rights. Muslim extremists, who I call Muslim perverts because they are perverting the religion, did 9/11 and bin laden was the money lender.
  • Options
    the anti semitism is a sad result of americas endless support for israels ilegal terrorist crimes. israel has 200 nuclear warheads. chemical and biological weapons, all supplied by america and europe. for thousands of years the jews wanted thier own homeland. they finaly get it. thier next door nieghbours would now like the same thing...KILL EM !
  • Options
    No there should be a Palestine. And America plus its allies, not the wealthy Arab countries of the Middle East, will be the ones to make Palestine a reality. But the idea that Jews did 9/11 is crazy. It was made up by some newspaper guy in Egypt. Jews died in those buildings along with Muslims and Christians.
  • Options
    Let us clarify one issue straight off. What you seem so fond of repeatedly calling "anti-semitism" is nothing more than holding Israel to account for attitudes and actions that they themselves were once on the receiving end of in Europe and are now doing (in all aspects save the gas chambers and ovens) to the Palestinians.

When Jews in the Polish Ghetto stood up and fought back they were held up as heros, but how dare the Palestinians fight back in the name of their slaughtered women and children killed by an illegal Israeli military occupation sent in to protect illegal Israeli settlements.

Guess Israel doesnt like to be told just how closely they are mirroring the very Fascists we fought a war to free them from.

Let the hypocrisy and double standards continue....:rolleyes:
    And America plus its allies, not the wealthy Arab countries of the Middle East, will be the ones to make Palestine a reality

Don't be so naive pnj. Neither America nor its Western allies will do any such thing. All you will get is just more talk and more rhetoric and more refusal to actually deal with Israel's constant stonewalling of the process.

For your information. the most recent step toward any settlement was in fact, in case you failed to notice, a combined proposal from the surrounding Arab states to recognise Israel in exchange for a final just settlement for the Palestinians. You must've missed that somehow.
  • Options
    But the idea that Jews did 9/11 is crazy. It was made up by some newspaper guy in Egypt. Jews died in those buildings along with Muslims and Christians.
    i didn't say anything of the kind. but by this thinking it wasn't done by jews, christians or muslims then.
  • Options
    It was done by al qaeda, a group of radical Muslims who have turned it into a death cult that subjugates Muslim women.

Spoken like a European Clandestine. What I'm also missing is why Saudi Arabia invested 700 billion in the US and 0 in Palestine. Why gives money for teens to blow themselves up but nothing towards jobs. The Arabs nations don't give a darn about Palestine. It's a few wealthy families acting vituous at home while heading for London and Vegas for fun.
  • Options
    in september of this year george bush appeared before the united nations general assembly and asked dramaticaly , (regarding iraq) "are security council resolutions to be honoured or cast aside ? "
    the answer came a few weeks later when the security council passed resolution 1435, which demanded that "israel immediately cease measures in and around ramallah including the destruction of palestinian civilian and security infrastrucure" and withdraw its "occupying forces from palestinian cities to positions held prior to sept 2000". the resolution was passed 14- 0 with one abstention, the united states. israel dismissed it and nothing happened. this was no surprise. the israelis have defied at least 40 security council resolutions and hundreds of general assembly
    resolutions; a record of dishonouring and "casting aside" (bush's words re iraq) unequalled by any nation since the united nations was founded. israels defiance is rewarded with all the weapons and fighter aircraft it wants just like saddam was in the eighties.
  • Options
    another flimsy bullshit argument for going to war with iraq. do your poloticians just talk utter bollocks knowing that the people wont even notice ?

In May 2001, less than 1 in 4 of the British electorate voted for Mr Blair. :confused:
  • Options
    The topic is, why is a group that pays for the bombs and the teenaged bombers that walk into civilian areas in Isreal allowed to raise funds in the UK. Y?
  • Options
    My answer: all of these terrorist groups sized up the Western governments, learned their laws, and used their laws and freedoms against them.
  • Options
    The topic is, why is a group that pays for the bombs and the teenaged bombers that walk into civilian areas in Isreal allowed to raise funds in the UK. Y?
    another question , just as valid is why were noraid alowed to raise and donate money to a terrorist organisation called the I.R.A. ? the I.R.A. have killed and maimed thier way through britain for years on your dollars.
    they blew a fucking big hole in the heart of my home city of manchester. the biggest explosion on british soil since the second world war. will someone from america explain to the members of the british public who are maimed, blind, deaf, limbless or missing a family member why they thought it was ok for the american government to alow these people to behave like this on american soil against thier staunchest alies ?
    PLEASE ANSWER .
  • Options
    Originally posted by Paul_2

In May 2001, less than 1 in 4 of the British electorate voted for Mr Blair. :confused:
    see !
    to be honest i'm begining to think our election was rigged as well but in a far subtler way than the yanks. mrs thatchers son took control of the labour party. or tony is related to dubya. theres a huge plot going on. sow confusion. maybe thier aliens.
  • Options
    terrorism is the rampant anti-semitism running around Europe under the cloak of Palestinian rights.

Oh, please! Are you capable of comprehending the difference between the following two concepts?

Anti-Semitism

an·ti-Sem·i·tism
    n.
    Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
    Discrimination against Jews.

(www.dictionary.com)

Anti-Zionism

Zionism originated in late 19th Century Europe and is a form of nationalist and separatist irredentism (seeking to reclaim the rightful lost territories of Israel). It has ideological roots both in democratic collectivism and militant direct-action liberal nationalism (militant, because, where necessary, it will resort to terroristic means for liberal ends.)

(Dr. David Baker, 2002)

While anti-Semitism implies anti-Zionism, the converse does not hold. I am not an anti-Semite, but I am, to a certain degree, anti-Zionist. I certainly do not approve of many of the actions of the Israeli state since its formation. I have a Jewish friend who is strongly anti-Zionist.

Would you care to rephrase, now, your statement about rampant anti-Semitism in terms of anti-Zionism? Bear in mind that European skies, not American ones, were clouded with the smoke and ash of burnt Jews in 1945.
  • Options
    see !
    to be honest i'm begining to think our election was rigged as well but in a far subtler way than the yanks. mrs thatchers son took control of the labour party. or tony is related to dubya. theres a huge plot going on. sow confusion. maybe thier aliens.
    its cos of first past the post system. proportional representation would be fairer, but i could produce unstbale coolitions.
  • Options

Because of the same reason the IRA and its cheerleaders have collected many millions of Dollars from Americans undisturbed for the last few decades.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Because of the same reason the IRA and its cheerleaders have collected many millions of Dollars from Americans undisturbed for the last few decades.

So what is that reason then? Because extremeist muslims are a large voting block in the UK? :confused: :eek2:
  • Options
    What I'm also missing is why Saudi Arabia invested 700 billion in the US and 0 in Palestine. Why gives money for teens to blow themselves up but nothing towards jobs. The Arabs nations don't give a darn about Palestine.

Saudi Arabia has a corrupt government JP! They should be one of the richest countries in the world yet their people are poor thanks to an American backed corrupt government. One of Bin Ladens requests before 11/09/01 was to get rid of the occupying American army that had no reason to stay in Saudi Arabia after the Iraq conflict.
  • Options
    quote:

another question , just as valid is why were noraid alowed to raise and donate money to a terrorist organisation called the I.R.A. ? the I.R.A. have killed and maimed thier way through britain for years on your dollars.
    they blew a fucking big hole in the heart of my home city of manchester. the biggest explosion on british soil since the second world war. will someone from america explain to the members of the british public who are maimed, blind, deaf, limbless or missing a family member why they thought it was ok for the american government to alow these people to behave like this on american soil against thier staunchest alies ?
    PLEASE ANSWER .
    still no answer...i've asked american people to answer this question before, in here and on other sites. no answer. they go all quiet and shy away.
  • Options
    Oh sorry. Remember I'm in school so I have to look things up. I think for a while there was a very strong lobby in Congress led by Kennedy. They are a powerful, Irish, liberal family who lead the Democrats.

So Congress could have blocked any effort at halting the fund raising. I know he got something on the books that terrorist changes against a person doesn't disqualify them from immigrating into the US. That was written for the Irish.
  • Options
    Oh and the Bush family is even more English...going back to the first King of England and including such families as the Spencers and Churchill.