Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E-mail ACTION APPEAL - Cannabis Cafes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Hopefully you have heard about the happenings in Worthing, Sussex - Chris Baldwin is running the "Bongchuffa" shop and a private cannabis cafe which is a tremendous venture and incredible atmosphere. It is so far highly successful and very popular amongst traders and public in the area. A second shop, "Buddies" is in the process of opening in East Worthing. Stop press

Both premises were raided on Wednesday 11th Dec by heavy handed police as part of an operation they say is to "clean up Worthing before Xmas so that the law-abiding citizens can have a good time".

The press in Worthing are already labelling Chris Baldwin et al as "criminals", this particularly applies to the local tabloid, The Argus.

[Chris is a wheelchair bound MS sufferer]

The LCA is asking people to send a Christmas card to Chris and all Bongchuffa and Buddies staff via the local paper, The Argus.

You can do this via e-mail now by downloading this special card from UKCIA, right click, click save as, save to your hardrive, attach to an e-mail to the address below:

worthingcard2.jpg

Write a short message of support, but keep it polite!

Send to; simonb@theargus.co.uk

Please post here when you do it, and to bump the topic up - cheers.
:D

Comments

• Options
    Sent it on..but all this isnt going 2 get the weed free.is it really?The government has to realise what is the better option..and we all know what that is:D :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    but all this isnt going 2 get the weed free.is it really?

Nop, but it could change the tone of the newspaper's reporting! If they are reffering to a wheel-bound MS sufferer as a criminal, public support could help change that.

One of the red-tops early this year (Sun or Mirror can't remember) was very anti-reclass. until a readers phone poll showed 80%+ support - they toned down after that:D

Even here in deepest Somerset, after the proposed cafe won the phone vote in the local rag, they became more relaxed about it - even more so when the council leader, quoted on BBC1 West, said, 'I've no problem with Taunton turning into a mini-Amersdam. It will leave police to get on with real crime and real anti-social behaivour' :D

Borough council leader has balls, shame the County Council leader refuses to be drawn on the issue - but I'll get her, seems as she's LimDem and their policy is legalisation!
  • Options
    I will have to try and download it from another PC as the work email address could come back and slap me in the arse !

:rolleyes: