Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Grrrrrrrrr!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am having real trouble with my ex housemate! Shortly before I moved out we had a huge falling out and we didn't talk for a few days. However, we both then had a big chat that lasted hours and we had a bit of a cry and from then on things were fine between us, almost, there was still the odd moment when I thought she was being 'off' with me.

Anyway, since I moved out she has been quite cold towards me. She doesn't ring me, I always ring her for a chat etc. We arranged to meet one day in town after my lectures had finished and I told her a huge secret that had been on my mind. She judged me instantly and from that moment on things have never been the same between us.

I bought her a xmas pressy but she said she wanted me to save my money and not to bother as she hadn't got me anything. I am going to give it to her anyway, as you shouldn't give to receive.

Grrr, I am just so angry because we used to be such good mates. The thing is we don't really have much in common but we were still friends, as I have plenty of mates with whom I have little in common. Since I moved out though it has been an uphill struggle.

She makes me feel crap about this big secret I told her and that really hurts me because you should never judge your friends, I mean you can disagree with something they've done, but you shouldn't think they're a bad person over it because people always make mistakes, she isn't exactly perfect herself.

Well, I suppose the question is this - I either want to sort things out between us or have a clean break as friends. Which do I choose. I also work with her so I think a clean break may be quite difficult! Hmf! Any suggestions please?

(I know I have posted a helluva lot in this forum in the last few days but I am trying to get my life sorted once and for all!)

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes friendships just grow apart. Struggling to regain things that aren't happening is like a broken pencil.
  • Options
    Ok, yeah fair point. I can see from reading back my own post that we've grown apart.

The thing that annoys me the most though is that I used to moan to my parents about how little we had in common and how I thought we shouldn't be friends, but I lived with her, so it would've been kinda hard!

I guess I'm pissed off that I wasn't the one to 'end it'!
  • Options
    I think what you should do in this situation is sit down and have a good think about how much she means to you as a friend.

If you take a break from each other (however difficult it may be), will things ever be the same again?

If you decide to try and make up again, are you likely to fall out again in the future?

Is it worth it?

I don't know either of you personally so thats about the best advice I can give, but make sure you consider your position carefully and make sure that the way you decide to proceed from here onwards is the best possible way!

Good look!!
    ;)
  • Options
    I don't really think we have a future as friends, i can see that now. However, we work together and so that is going to be the hard part.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    However, we work together and so that is going to be the hard part.

Don't let it stop you. Stay positive and you will get through it!!

:)
  • Options
    Thanks! :)