Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

speed freak????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
bit of a stupid question really! how do u know when uve got a problem with speed? i havent touched any 4 a week now,but the craving 4 it is unbelievable!! a mate of mine is doing at the very least 1/2 oz a week,i aint got 2 that stage yet!! 1 grm lasts me a week so..........

Comments

• Options
    I'd say you had a problem with speed. no offence, but if you're using anything during the week, rather than just as recreation and to chill/party at w/ends then that's a problem.
  • Options
    You have a problem when your not in total control over what your using, when your using it when you know you shouldnt etc.

The signs of addiction are clear, its just quite a few people choose to ignore them.

As for caining 1/2oz a week, dam thats quite fast going if its base. As for a gram a week, well it depends how you are using it, I could go through a gram easily in a night so if a went clubbing every week then thats it gone.

However if your using most days thats different, I know what you mean about the urge, I 'gave up' about 1 1/2 years ago now but recently I did a little for a few days in a row and even with that I could feel it coming back. I think for some people, myself definately, speed is just too tempting, I mean I just dont trust myself enough to have it in the house, if we have it I'll do it, no question.

If your still only using a gram a week then just cool off, dont have any in the house, dont do any and the urge will fade, mine did but I dont think I'll be rid of it completely for a long while.

As for you being addicted because you use drugs during the week, hmmm, I'm not so sure about that, I dont think its that simple.
  • Options
    As for you being addicted because you use drugs during the week, hmmm, I'm not so sure about that, I dont think its that simple.

I didn't say anything about addiction. In my opinion and from my own experiences, when you start doing drugs outside of the party circuit, then it's a problem. I was never addicted, but it wasn't a safe level of drugs to be doing (if there is such a thing).
  • Options
    i had a tolerance to speed as i used to sell over a kilo a week in oz's. a gram was a small hit for me. straight up the mainline.
    i became a walking skeleton. so a gram a week seems paltry. thing is it's not the amount but the attitude. you do have a problem becuase it's disturbing you when you aren't even using it. if something is having a negative effect on your life then it's a problem in my book. walk away for a while longer and see what happens.
  • Options
    Spot on! If youre not feeling comfortable with it, you're not in control and if you're not in control there's a serious danger of things going tits up. Time out time!
  • Options
    If you have to ask you already know the answer !!

:crazyeyes