Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did anyone see the programme about GHB?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It was on ITV, it was about this couple that got addicted to GHB and they ran out and 5 days after having any they were still being effected by it, the woman was having hallucinations and she got a pair of pliers and pulled all her teeth out! it was nasty! :eek2: :eek: :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Its all total rubbish, dont belive a word he says, you can NEVER ever trip out using GHB, it in no way has that effect. It is NOT physicaly addictive what so ever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its all total rubbish, dont belive a word he says, you can NEVER ever trip out using GHB, it in no way has that effect. It is NOT physicaly addictive what so ever.

That's what i thought. Correct me if i'm wrong. Clubby type peeps use it to "accentuate" other drugs they're on, and if you take too much you'll just fall asleep. Body Builders use it to get a real "deep sleep" after a heavy workout to promote faster muscle build. And as for addictiveness, it's psychologicaly addictive like pills as opposed to physically addictive like heroin and fags.

I've took GHB, not much, and didn't have any Hallelujah Sanitary effects. Mind you, if you met that woman coming down the street you'd wanna pull her teeth out.:)
  • Options
    GHB is a sedative, simple as that, it is NOT a trip, it is no where near that.

Some people do use it with other drugs to combine the effects, however this is preaty dangerous as with all mixing stimulants and downers.
    Most people just use it because its a nice simple drug without any 'hangover' or really any negative effects.
    Your right body builders do use it because it promotes the type of sleep that is good for muscle growth, although I dont think its really that good for sleeping because it doesnt last long enough and you tend to wake up in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    GHB was initially an anesthetic but used in the late 1980s as a suppliment for bodybuilders due to its effect on growth hormones, it was also used as a hallucinogenic, euphoric, and sleep aid.

According to toxicology reports for GHB, withdrawal syndrome has been reported following chronic heavy GHB use. Psychosis and severe agitation requiring chemical and physical restraints were uniformly seen. Anxiety, tremor, tachycardia, hypertension, diaphoresis, delirium, and auditory and visual hallucinations were reported. Symptoms began approximately 1-6 hours after last use and lasted 5-15 days.

So its not complete rubbish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    GHB is a sedative, simple as that, it is NOT a trip, it is no where near that.

Some people do use it with other drugs to combine the effects, however this is preaty dangerous as with all mixing stimulants and downers.
    Most people just use it because its a nice simple drug without any 'hangover' or really any negative effects.
    Your right body builders do use it because it promotes the type of sleep that is good for muscle growth, although I dont think its really that good for sleeping because it doesnt last long enough and you tend to wake up in the middle of the night.

I assume you have conducted some research on the matter of have read reports of established scientific investigation into the exact effects?

Or are you just making it up?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeh i seen that programme. It was talking shit cos you CANNOT OD on GHP
  • Options
    Originally posted by StOnEd-Out
    Yeh i seen that programme. It was talking shit cos you CANNOT OD on GHP

Very unwise to give out that sort of information on something you obviously know nothing about.

You CAN OD on GHB, overdoses cause loss of consciousness (temporary coma), and slow down breathing. One of the side effects is vomiting so there is a danger of vomiting whilst unconscious.
    If mixed with alcohol, or taken whilst drinking alcohol, GHB can slow breathing down to a dangerously low rate, which has caused a number of deaths.
    It can also cause a seizure.

These are FACTS, like all recreational drugs it has its dangers and you should get clued up before taking anything.

http://www.dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/ghb.php

is a basic guide to GHB, the site also has info on other drugs.
  • Options
    I'd aggree that if you use GHB ALL the time in massive amounts then when you come off the dopamine bounce back can be quite harsh.
    However this is really really rare because 99% of users never ever do that much.

You most definately can OD on GHB/GBL and thats the reason I think they are dangerous drugs, the doseage curve on both of them is quite steep so they need to be taken with caution.

I know you can OD on GBL, I've done it and ended up in hospital, ok well obviously I didnt die but my wife informs me I did stop breathing on several occations and only started again when she shook me awake.

As for GHB as a hallucinogenic, have you taken it? I've never ever heard of anyone tripping off it, the only times its ever like that is if you use 25g+ a day every day, which is the same as drinking about 30 pints. If you really push it then you are going to get negative effects, same as any drug really.

My point is to the varst majority of users it is a safe and pleasurable drug with little if any side effects.
  • Options
    GHB isnt hallucinagenic in itself, but it can do weird fucking things to brain chemistry when you're coming down. Same as any drug in large amounts.
  • Options
    Exactly, thats what I was saying, GHB is a safe drug if used properly, which most people do but as with anything, abuse it and it will bite back.