Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Same leader. Different perspectives.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Once I get to the point...I want your opinion.

Most of my focus is on school of course. But, on the Internet I get my world news from the newspapers/services on Yahoo Uk and Ireland, USA, Canada and Australia.

So in the US I'd be considered to have a conservative point of view after more than a year after 9/11. My dad's liberal...Clinton/Bush ecology type.

Yet, because I read a lot on the Internet. No point of view seems pure.

Like I really admire the Queen, Tony Blair and Bush. And yet, I don't know about Tony Blair, but I know the Queen's finances were hit hard by 9/11 because her gang is behind Loyd's of London that insured the World Trade Center. And Bush invests for the Saudi family and Bin Laden family. And I haven't studied economics but I know it's good when anyone is investing in your country's companies.

So what's my point? I wish I could admire the leaders I'm following. And yet, I have no doubt that they are the ones to follow. In my mind, the UN and liberal stuff coming out of Europe could ruin my future because I believe from what I've read that the immigrant, Muslim extremists used the freedoms of the West to try to destroy it. And yet, the most important patriots America has right now are Muslim, Arab American immigrants cause they are our special ops people.

Anyone else have a desire to view their leaders as totally good, heros?

Comments

• Options
    Such idealism is not long lived once you know what kind of crap your heros are up to im afraid.

Ahh the idealism of youth! ;)
  • Options
    I like you Clandestine. :eek:
  • Options
    Thanks pal. Im not such a bad guy really! hehe
  • Options
    I think it is very understandable to try and ignore the flaws in those who you admire btu that it is always best to look at the whole picture and reserve judgement until you can way upo all facts.........
  • Options
    I think that's true tb. And right now, I think you need people like Bush and Blair who won't get too bogged down in the UN. Didn't Napolean say give me good men to fight with and a coalition to fight against? I think in the future, an agile response to terrorism is the only way the West will survive.
  • Options
    What have you got agianst the UN?

What do you think is actually wrong with it?
  • Options
    Its keeping Bush and his hawks from rushing off and starting the era of pre-emptive wars for whatever purpose any given country may wish. Bad bad UN, always trying to keep us from the fun of WWIII. :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    The UN is racist against White countries. (Yup I have the nerve to say that cause it's true.) And like all countries, everyone is out for what's best for their country. So in the case of Kyoto, Germany picks a baseline that makes it easier to meet air pollution standards, China and other developing countries in the world that are suffering with horrible air pollution that shows up on satellite's are exempt and in general, countries like the US and Canada are penalized. It's a power game to take power away from my country and others like it. Did you see who is on the human rights panel? Sudan, and other murderous countries. Racist South Africa with racist Nelson Mandella cheering for that animal in Zimbabwe. If a white leader was stealing land from white farmers or murdering them there'd be an outcry. Meantime black men are raping black girls in South Africa because they think having sex with a virgin will prevent aids. Sweden and Switzerland, who wouldn't even stand up against the Nazi's, are held up as some kind of icon of civilization. France and Russia have big trade deals with Iraq so we're supposed to ignore the threat of his weapons. There's such as list as to what's wrong with the UN.
  • Options
    1. These are examples of bias but not rascism, any proof that anything happens at the UN cos they believe another race to be genetically inferior?

2. Trying for what is in your interests is how democracy works.......

3. China exempt from air pollution standards, got any links to this?

4. US had big trade deals with China and we are menat to ignore their weapons of mass destruction?

You need proof for these allegations really...........
  • Options
    Proof? why does he need proof? He's simply following the fine example set by the leader of the most powerful nation on earth and his learned cronies! Allegations = proof!! :rolleyes: :lol: