Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

War on terror going well.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I agree with Bush and Blair that the war on terror is going well. Why? Because Al Qaeda would be blowing up places in America #1 or Europe #2 if it had the chance. Beyond the deaths, realize something they realize in Jamaica: the importance of jobs.

My dad's friend said wherever he went people were glad to see an American again. Many had lost their jobs at the hotels. Even Air Jamaica is going to join with other carriers in the Carribean or go under.

Look at Israel and Palestine. No jobs. This in addition to the horrible deaths on both sides.

Simple fact: Bin Laden is crazy and just wants to ruin the economies of the modern world.

When the US did nothing, it's not like other countries picked up the slack. The West's intelligence network screwed up big time regarding Al Qaeda. And even people that hate America, could only rejoice so long as many lost jobs. NO surprise there. If you could point out a religious run country that creates jobs...let me know. My claim is there is none. An openess to idea has something to do with creativity from what I've seen. (Never had a strict teacher yet who had an interesting class. )And the Iraq and Afghanistan governments were not put in place by the West. The neglect of that region allowed bullies to move in.

So what do we do? If it's a choice between trusting the racists of the UN or my government. believe me I trust Bush and America.

My proof: Muslim girls in Afghanistan are attending school. The creativity and ideas in Afghanistan just doubled.

Comments

• Options
    Dear dear where to start? First off, perhaps you would like to elaborate on your 'fascist' UN charge. A Bush supporter calling the UN fascist is a bit like Adolf Hitler calling another man anti-Jewish.

Let's revise the 'war on terror' shall we? Osama bin Laden is still AWOL. We can't even agree on whether he's still alive. But then again if you use half tonne air-fuel bombs (a weapon of mass destruction by all means that vaporises everything in a 600-metre radius) you're never going to know who have you killed. Bin Laden is probably alive and plotting. The Al Queida network is certainly alive and well, judging by the Bali bombing, the (unconfirmed) Kenya double attack and today's McDonalds bombings. Afghanistan has indeed been freed, and that is something to be happy about, but the thousands of Al Queida operatives that survive the carpet bombing have regrouped elsewhere.

Instead of concentrating in tackling the war on terror, not only by eliminating Al Queida but also by changing its foreign policy and its shameful protectionism towards Israel's murderous ways, the US continues doing as it wants throughout the world, preparing to attack countries that have nothing to do with terrorists and ignoring those that do. The anger in the Arab world at the continuing US behaviour is unsurprisingly rising, and you can bet that as long as America continues to behave the way it does there will be people prepared to commit atrocities.

As for the 'bullies' who gained power in Afghanistan and Iraq, may I remind you who armed and supported them very generously indeed?
  • Options
    Good points Aladdin.

pnj> as to your claim that America had nothing to do with the installation of of the previous Afghani government (aka Taliban) go here and reacquaint yourself with some historical facts...

http://www.oz.net/~vvawai/sw/sw43/taliban.html

Youll also learn a bit about our links to OBL as well.
  • Options
    Thanks Clandestine...gets confusing.

Bottom line Alladin is that there's no advantage to the US to trust that Saddam won't share his knowledge or actual bombs with terrorist groups. And he is stirring up trouble with Isreal and Palestine....which does cause us problems.

The most hopeful thing to me and this is an American strength, is that we do have religious freedom and so we have in place people who've joined our special op forces and CIA and FBI who are Muslim and Arab. That Bin Laden didn't figure on.
  • Options
    Again, be careful what assumptions you make. OBL himself was in the pay of the CIA for decades. Im sure he knows quite well how the organisation functions and how it is composed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Again, be careful what assumptions you make. OBL himself was in the pay of the CIA for decades. Im sure he knows quite well how the organisation functions and how it is composed.

Just because someone is in the pay of an organization does not mean they know how it functions or is composed. Especially not the CIA. Seems you're the one making assumptions.
  • Options
    Point being Greenhat, if you were capable of doing anything other than endlessly disagreeing, is that it is unlikely that OBL would be so surprised that America has Muslims in the CIA and FBI given that as a Muslim he too was in the pay of the CIA.

Funny that you claim to be intelligent and cant even make that logical link. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Point being Greenhat, if you were capable of doing anything other than endlessly disagreeing, is that it is unlikely that OBL would be so surprised that America has Muslims in the CIA and FBI given that as a Muslim he too was in the pay of the CIA.

Funny that you claim to be intelligent and cant even make that logical link. :rolleyes:

I suggest you enroll in a logic course at one of your local universities. Your comment was far wider than the link you were attempting to make. Assumptions?
  • Options
    Coming from one who thinks the Daily Mail is a source of insightful analysis ill simply decline to comment on this occasion.

'nuff said! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I posted this on the predictions 2003 thread today too.

An Internet site claiming to represent al Qaeda says the terrorist network has decided to launch suicide attacks against a new target, Israel, and says its goal is the destruction of the Jewish state.

Nice prediction eh? It was on Yahoo today. The al qaeda is www.mojahadoon.net

So I guess the focus is back to Isreal for the next phase with Al Qaeda. They are teaming up with Hamas.
  • Options
    It wouldn't be surprising if Israeli interests around the world are targeted next by Al Queida. However I doubt their ability to launch attacks within Israeli territory. The country is rather difficult to infiltrate and unless you already live there it'd be very difficult for anyone to launch attacks inside Israel.