Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Datura

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had experiences with this plant a few times now, has anybody else got any experiences they would like to share?

Possibly the most intense drug I've ever tried, the first time I used it I had 75 Datura Innoxia seeds orally. The onset took about an hour, but the majority of the trip was a blur. From what I pieced together from people around me, I had absolutely no self control whatsoever, like I would go and talk random shite to anyone that was about. I remember seeing a huge crowd of my friends in the middle of a very busy road, and running over to talk to them, barely escaping death by a few centimetres!! :rolleyes:
Overall, it took me about 72 hours before I came back to my senses, in which time I was incapable to do basically anything but sit there, and watch the wonderful colours shoot round my head and people morph in and out of the walls. My eyesight took about a week to return to normal on my first try (very, very blurred, couldn't read anything at all), but that got better with every trip I tried.
IMO, Datura is one of the most intense trips about, and takes a lot of preparing and planning for the trip to stay safe (eg. STAY AWAY FROM BUSY AREAS!!), but in the right frame of mind, can be very enjoyable.

Anyone with any experiences with Datura?

Comments

• Options
    ive read a lot about datura on erowid etc and i came to the conclusion, whats the point?!? from the looks of it, its not fun, because you dont know when your hallucinating or seing reality. from what ive heard its not an enjoyable learning beautiful profound experience like other trips, its simply chemically induced delusional insanity.

but each to their own i guess
  • Options
    ive heard about it in the past from some pagan witches i used to know, apparently witches used to make up a concotion with datura amongst other things and put the paste on the end of a broomstick and err- apply it internally. Thats where the legends of witches flying while riding on broomsticks came from.
  • Options
    Seems interesting but not really my kind of bag as it were, certainly on the edge of the trips. I've never heard of anyone I've come into contact using it.
    Although a friend of mine did dipt which changes the way you hear things and said it was very strange.
    I think it would the the fact that you feel sober that would kind of freak me out. Similar to dipt, the only change you get is sound.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    ive heard about it in the past from some pagan witches i used to know, apparently witches used to make up a concotion with datura amongst other things and put the paste on the end of a broomstick and err- apply it internally. Thats where the legends of witches flying while riding on broomsticks came from.

The Datura plant is most sacred to the Yacquie indian sorcerers. There is a proper way to prepare it, spiritually, and physically, which involves looking for a perfect plant, chopping the roots of the plant in a particular way, chopping the leaves in a particular way, then preparing the two halves in seperation and then combining them and taking them.

They list datura as one of the most dangerous hallucinogens both mentally and physically if not respected, they have a lot of respect for the datura plant. My suggestion would be to read "The Teachings of Don Juan - A yacquie Socreror" by carlos castenados for the proper procedure of using datura.
  • Options
    If I was going to go for the 'natural' approach I'd think I'd prefer some shrooms and then a good 100mg hit of dmt.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Like Octopus I've read quite a bit about this plant on Erowid, and to me it doesn't sound that pleasurable an experience. The most messy thing I've done so far is DMT and if it's anything like that I think I'll keep clear. I must be a lightweight or something but I really don't enjoy getting so fucked I don't know what I'm doing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Where the hell did my post go from last night?

I was pointing out that Castaneda was a fraud and made all that Don Juan stuff up - its well documented.

Use Google if you don't believe me.

[edited to add]
    A Datura faq
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_faq.shtml