Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best friend or boyfriend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One of my best mates is a boy and ive known him for about 2 years now. Hes an ex of one of my close friends who...quite incidently is going out with one of my exes :rolleyes:

Anyway since summer i think it is he has fancied me and this has caused a few problems. However, we always stayed best fo friends.

a few weeks ago he appered at a party we both went to with like his hair completly changed and wearing contacts and i looked at him in a different way. Weve been flirting in a kind of light hearted way since than..but I dont know how i really feel. He kinda yelled at me a few days ago saying that im leading him on and should tell him hwo I feel. I dont wnat to ruin our friendship and I odnt wnat to hurt him...as Im not even sure if id feel right going out with him.....but....just sometimes I feel ya know really strongly for him...but I.....I dont know!

I just dont know what to do anymore.

Comments

• Options
    I can relate to that-i sort of flirt with my best boy m8, and i know he wants to go out, and evryone at school thinks we should. What's stopping me? I'm already with sum1 else, but don't c him much, and know the other guy better, so......what to do?!
    Sorry, that's not helped you at all, just confused you, probably, the way i babble on! At least you know you are not alone :P
  • Options
    My friend gave me this advice to tell you:
    "Are natural tendencies are to flirt with a guy even if they are our best friends. There is no way any girl or guy for that matter could be in a friendly relationship without having any flitiring going on. That just defies who we are. if you think he's the type of guy that will be able to deal with breaking up after you've gone out and still being friends and that falling out will strengthen your relationhip and not the other way around, then go for IT! Cause you only got one chance in life. And you wouldn't want to go around the rest of your days, asking yourself what if? and regretting it."
  • Options
    Too late dude! Its done and dusted. :rolleyes: