Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

U.N sanction 1478 ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pressumably there is a number one sanction and a number 277 etc. does anyone know if there is a sanction 666 and if so what is it ? yes this is a serious question.

Comments

• Options
    Well here is 666, and wouldnt you know it has to do with Iraq! lol.

Its part of the terms for the humanitarian food relief program from the looks of it.

http://www.caabu.org/press/documents/unscr-resolution-666.html
  • Options
    Here is a year by year list of resolutions of the general assembly, but it only goes back as far as 1977. Couldnt find an exhaustive chronological list of ALL resolutions passed since its founding.

http://www.un.org/documents/ga/res/32/ares32.htm
  • Options
    RESOLUTION 666.
    strange times. strange meanderings.
    the reason i asked is becuase of the biblical 666. it says that if you do not have the sign (signature or authority) of the wild beast
    who's number is 666 then you will not be able to trade, buy and sell etc. and look what article 666 is all about...trade ! i'll have to go and think about this one.
  • Options
    Actually 666 is the number of man. the beast and the false prophet are both different and integral to the vision. What it means though isnt so cut and dried as pre-milennialists would make it out to be. ugh but there my old theological studies coming out. nevermind. hehe.

I just thought it was funny with mention of Iraq in it.
  • Options
    my theological studies consisted of using those rizla type bible pages to skin up in a prison cell. but i did read before i lit.
    i remember that the 666 bit about not being able to trade was also linked to the destruction of babylon the great. the original babylon being in iraq !wooooooooo