Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where is It?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok...

Clitoris's... EXACTLY where are they? how d'you find them?

I sorta know my way round and usually am pretty certain that i've found it but never sure and for some reason never asked any of the girls i was with....

Comments

• Options
    Down the road, left at the traffic lights...

Sorry couldnt resist :p
  • Options
    I was thinking about this the other day - how do men know? :crazyeyes: I mean, it's never the kind of thing that most men bring up ever is it - so if they never ask, how do they really know?

Anyhoo, it's like a pea - can't miss it. Be gentle though :)
  • Options
    Its right under where the inner lips start to divide. It's usually protected by a hood of skin. They're all shapes and sizes, and they are quite easy to miss bc of all the skin.
  • Options
    http://www.scarleteen.com/body/images/female_external2.gif
    The proper name for the outer female genitals is the vulva (vuhl-vah). The vagina is only one part of these organs, and not the whole of them, and many people mistakenly call the vulva the vagina. Where your pubic hair is, below your belly button, is a fatty area of tissue (skin) called the mons (mahns). Your pubic hair will move downward, as will that fatty tissue, around your labia majora (lay-bee-ah) or "lips." If you pull your outer labia open, you will see your labia minora, or lips, which are not covered with hair, and look a bit like flower petals or two teeny-tiny tongues. The size, length and color of the inner labia will differ from woman to woman. They may be long and thick, or barely visible, and may look purple, red, pink, blackish or brown, depending on your own coloring. All of these variations are absolutely normal, as are the labia being two different sizes or shapes. The purpose of your inner labia is pretty important; they keep icky bacteria away from what is called the vestibule.
    Looking at the vestibule, between those inner labia from the top down (right below your mons), you'll first see top of the the inner labia, which create a little skin fold called the clitoral hood. That hood connects to the glans, which is the tip of the clitoris (klit-or-iss). If you pull up the hood with your fingers, you can get a closer look. In women, this is usually the most sensitive spot of the vulva. In fact, it is created of the same sort of erectile tissue that the head of a penis is created of (for an interesting comparison of male and female genital organs, see here). Before we are born, until about the sixth week of our lives as an embryo, our sexual organs are slightly developed, but are completely the same.

If you feel the clitoris with your fingers, you'll probably feel a tingle or a tickle. Rubbing it a bit, you can feel a hardish portion that is the shaft of the clitoris. The clitoris (sometimes called the "clit" or the "spot") is the primary source of most female genital sensation. When you masturbate, it is what you will most likely (but not always) touch and manipulate to pleasure yourself. The clitoris is, in fact, the only organ on the entire body that is solely for sexual arousal, and is attached to ligaments, muscles and veins that become filled with blood during arousal (when you get sexually excited) and contract during orgasm. The clitoris is what most women like to have stimulated during oral or digital (with hands and fingers) sex, during masturbation, and during intercourse. All of us are different in how and where we like our clitorises touched (or if we do at all!). For some, rubbing too fast or hard, or right on the tip or shaft may be uncomfortable, but for others, it's just the thing. Like near anything else in sex, the best way to find out is to experiment by masturbating.

Looking lower, you will see another hood-like shape. Right below that shape is a teeny, tiny, barely visible little dot or slit, which is your urethra or urinary opening, where you urinate (or pee) from. Below that is the vaginal opening (sometimes called a "slit" or "hole") It's important to notice how close the urinary opening is to the vaginal opening. Because of this, sometimes sexual activity can bring bacteria which infect the urinary opening, so it's important during sexual activity to both empty your bladder before and after, and to be sure your or your partners hands, mouth or other organs are clean.

^ it's written for girls who are learning about themselves.

Another one :
    Locating Her Clitoris

The first requirement of clitoral massage is knowing where your partner's clitoris is, and what it looks like and what it feels like when flaccid and erect. The only way to learn these things is to go exploring. With the lights on, have your partner undress; she may want to wear a comfortable shirt. She should then lay on a bed, sit in a chair, or sit on the bed while reclining on some pillows placed against the headboard. Make sure that you have easy access to her vulva while ensuring you are both comfortable. Sit or kneel so you are facing her, usually off to one side. If she is sitting in a chair or at the end of the bed, you may want to sit in a chair or kneel on the floor. You can also have her sit between your legs, both of you facing the same direction. You need to get close to the subject at hand. You may also want to have a light close by, or a flashlight, to illuminate her vulva so as to be able to see everything clearly. You will also want to have a small handheld or freestanding mirror available so your partner can see her vulva and clitoris, and what you are doing.

Start by examining her vulva as it looks normally, with her outer labia at rest. Gently examine everything with your fingers. Caress versus poke. Notice the softness of her skin and pubic hair and the color and texture of her skin. Caress her vulva with the flat of your hand, your fingers molding to her body. If your partner has a lot of pubic hair, you may want to trim it with scissors. There is no need to shave the pubic area. Then gently spread the outer labia with your fingers, examine what lies within. Identify her inner labia, clitoris, and urinary and vaginal orifices. She can also assist by holding her outer labia open with one or both hands.

If you cannot identify her clitoris, ask her if she knows where it is and can point it out to you. Because of the vast variations in genital anatomy, some individual structures may not be easily identifiable, for men as well as women. There are women who do not have inner labia, or have only one. A well-developed clitoris will be easy to see, but many are so small and hidden by surrounding tissue that a woman may only know where it is by knowing where it is most sensitive to her touch, where she rubs while masturbating. If you both have trouble locating the clitoris, look at the illustrations on the Anatomy Pages.

Once you locate her clitoris, try to identify all it's different parts: shaft\body, glans, and hood\prepuce. Depending on the size and tightness of her hood you may not be able to retract it far enough to expose the clitoral glans. If this is the case, you may be able to feel it under her hood. If her glans is small, you may only be able to detect the shaft of her clitoris when she is erect, but not the glans itself. There are shafts that are very thin and hard to detect. In this case, you may only be able to identify it when you feel it become erect between your fingertips. She may be able to tell you when you have grasped her clitoral glans in your fingertips if you are not able to feel it. Be very gentle when examining her clitoris, most are extremely sensitive.

Acknowledgments to www.scarleteen.com and www.the-clitoris.com :)
  • Options
    I typed www.the-clitoris.com into my web browser but it said the page could not be found.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Speedo
    I typed www.the-clitoris.com into my web browser but it said the page could not be found.

:D

Works absolutely fine for me... try http://www.the-clitoris.com/n_html/nfr_index.htm and see how that one works :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kathryn
    Is this a serious post mate?

(I only ask because often they aren't and i don't want to feel like a fool if you were just mucking around)

Yes, it is.
    Sorry if my ignorance is comical:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by MsWhite
    I was thinking about this the other day - how do men know? :crazyeyes: I mean, it's never the kind of thing that most men bring up ever is it - so if they never ask, how do they really know?

All my ex's have asked, well one was told but hey hum. :D

But yeah there's been enough good descriptions here for me not to need to go into any further detail. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy

Works absolutely fine for me... try http://www.the-clitoris.com/n_html/nfr_index.htm and see how that one works :)

I think he was joking as in page can not be find/clit can't be found kinda thing....

lol and there you go with your sites again :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

I think he was joking as in page can not be find/clit can't be found kinda thing....

Yes I was joking.
    In future I shall attempt to make my jokes funnier.
  • Options

Yes I was joking.

hehe....there's a shortage of jokes on thsi board....I know we aren't meant to make them, but sometimes a bit of light hearted twisting of another persons post would be nice, although they often fall flat on their faces when people do. Keep trying mate. I laughed when i read it. :)
  • Options

Yes I was joking.

I got it :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

*hides in the corner*

It was 6am!!! Yes, that's my excuse... *whimpers*

Edited to add that No, I can't tell the time either.
  • Options
    I've got images of him looking for the clitoris like in that South Park Movie now. *shakes head*