Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here's the story:
i really like one of my best friends. we hang out with each other every day and generally mess about. lately, all of our friends keep telling us that we act like a couple and that we'd make a cute couple. in some ways, i can see what they mean when they say we act like a couple because sometimes we do.
for example, last night one of our friends had a spare ticket to go to monsters of rock and see alice cooper. we both wanted to go but cos there was only one ticket he wouldn't let me go and i wouldn't let him go because we'd have spent all day today bitching at each other.

my problem at the moment is that everyone seems to be strongly hinting that i like him by saying these things when i'd rather them not. and some are really strong hints.

what do you all think i should do? should i bite the bullet and tell him? should i wait till friday when we're both out and drinking and actually try something? or should i just leave it in case it ruins our friendship?

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm...thats always a tough situation :chin:

Well, i wouldnt do anything right away. If your sure you like him, just continue as normall, tell your frineds to stop hinting and just see if you think he might like you too. Then i suppose you shoud tell him. Although it may be embarrassing, you'll be happy if your together, but if he wasn't interested just act normall and laugh it off!

Good luck :thumb:

(sori if that didnt help! :blush:)
  • Options
    I say go for it :)

By the sounds of it if you dont one of your mates will:)

You could jokingly say " Come on, you taking me out or what, seeing as everyone thinks we make a good couple " and see what he says. If he says "no way" or words similar, then you can just make a joke of it and know that you didnt exactly ask him outright if he fancies you:) and you wont feel like a fool for being turned down.

Yes just do it !!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    heh, thanks people :D

and i hadn't actually thought of that one Becky! and that sounds just like something i'd say anyway so i'll see how it's going by the end of the week and try it ;) and i'll keep you updated :D;):blush: :flirt: :rolleyes: