Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If a girl says..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If a girl says.. "I like you too much as a friend to have sex with you", what does she really mean?

And how is the guy supposed to feel? Happy, because she likes you so much as friend? Or crappy, because she won't have sex with you?

Comments

• Options
    I think you should respect her decision.
    Just for a quick shag it could really ruin such a great relationship.
    But if you strongly like her why not try a relationship first- if you say it straight out that you just want to shag you've got no chance.
    Try to disguise your actions by saying you want a relationship- if she says theres your shag. If she says no forget it and try to mend your poatchy relationship at that stage or face loosing it.
    Is it worth loosing her as a mate?
  • Options
    Feel happy, that is a big compliment. If I say that to someone it means I think a lot of them and don't want to ruin a friendship just for the sake of lust.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    But if you strongly like her why not try a relationship first- if you say it straight out that you just want to shag you've got no chance.
    Try to disguise your actions by saying you want a relationship

Thanks for your advice. Actually, she does not want a relationship at all. She just came out of a three year relationship with her ex and she just wants to be free of any emotional attachments.

That is one of the reasons she won't shag me, she thinks I might want a relationship with her, but she doesn't want a relationship with anybody. The thing that upsets me is that she has shagged other "friends".

She is a really good friend. And no, it is not worth losing her friendship over a quick shag or even a long one for that matter.
  • Options
    Well then problem solved!
    just leave it be and try and console her. The effects of broken relationships often put people of relationships.
    two of my best friends went out for 3 years and broke up just over a year ago,I ive tried to set her up with numerous people since she is a good looking girl. And its only now that she is half way near gettin into a relationship.
    In fairness you just sound like you want your share of her aswell- try be there for her instaed of there on her!
  • Options
    I second every comment here. I've loved members of the opposite sex just for being what they are. Nothing beats a sole mate and I wouldn't jeapodise it with sex.