Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how can i help him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HI,

ive bin wid my bf 4 bout 7 months now and hes really lovely and clever, but his parents always tell him hes gona fail at skool and get nowhere and says he dusnt try wen i kno he really dus. :(

basically he has NO self confidence and i keep tellin him how special he really is, but can sum1 suggest summink i can say 2 make him really realise how gd he is and make him more confident bout himself?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like youre already doing the best thing youcan.
    Maybe you should tell his parents how hard he tries and how he needs encouragement rather than critisism, dont know how thatd go down though:eek: :D
  • Options
    tell him he is fantastic and it doesnt matter what other people think of him because you (love?) him and you know for a fact! that he is clever, he does work hard, and he is going to do well!

well at least id be chuffed if my girlfriend said that to me....
  • Options
    just being there for him is all you can do. give him encouragement like you have been and maybe tell him to take what his parents say with a grain of salt. really don't know what else you can do as it sounds like you are trying your best already.
  • Options
    Re: how can i help him?

Been there myself, the best you can do is tell him you have confidence in him and that should keep somewhat happy.

I think it should be more down to him to look at himself deep inside and he will see that he's not a failure.

He may just need a helping hand into a bout of self evaluation !

:)