Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paris

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone been? Anyone an expert?

What area is the best to stay?

Any areas worth keeping clear of?

Whats a good price per person for a *** or **** hotel?

All info most welcome :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it was a long time ago since i went. foods nice tho. so is the wine. lovely. meant to be really expensive in paris, so i wud check out how much money u need.
  • Options
    Hey i've been a few times, warning that crime is high in some areas ( cant remember which:confused: ) so keep hold of all your stuff:)
    xxx
  • Options
    DISNEYLAND!!!
    i went there with school a few weeks ago, its amazing. Make sure you go there.
    The eiffel tower is quite good, when you stand up there it feels so unstable, its great!
    the louvre is ok if youre into that stuff, although all i saw in it was a bunch of women with knobs.
    the boat ride... omg that was boring. steer clear of that unless you like a boat full of japanese tourists thinking youre an english pop group and taking pictures of you.
    the val de europe [sp] shopping centre is quite good
    the swimming centre there [aquaboulevard] i have been told is quite good, i diddnt go in though. theres also a cinema in the aquaboulevard place, which shows a few english films, and theres various resteraunts there [mcdonalds, pizza hut etc].
    and if you have the time stop off at a motorway service station & get a 'menu king fish' [cheap motorway food that i found the name of funny, so it became the joke of the entire trip] and take pictures. not very likely but hey. lol.

you must go disneyland though, and go on the aerosmith rollercoaster in the disney studios part, thats great. And watch the stunt show, thats supposed to be really good.
    if youre gonna go, dont waste your money going to disneyland at weekends, its just too packed.

Hope some of that helped! lol

Duffy
  • Options
    blackpool's better. same pointy tower thingy but black pudding and boddingtons bitter ! fish chips n mushy peas. none of that froggy fucking frog stuff. FOG!! loads a fog. cheap...i mean cheap, digs and lots of lancashire slappers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    blackpool's better. same pointy tower thingy but black pudding and boddingtons bitter ! fish chips n mushy peas. none of that froggy fucking frog stuff. FOG!! loads a fog. cheap...i mean cheap, digs and lots of lancashire slappers.

and peter kay! lol

"come on, get up, were going for a glass bottom boat ride"
    "yeah dad, that'll be fun in blackpool, raw sewage"
    no no no, ive just gotta clear that up, no really. Those days are over, you know, people treading water with a bit of toilet roll at the side of their faces. No really, those days are over, theyre gone... They dont do boat rides any more.

LMAO peter kay is great
    Duffy
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Hey i've been a few times, warning that crime is high in some areas ( cant remember which:confused: ) so keep hold of all your stuff:)
    xxx

Chatlet les Halles. I dunno if that's the actual area, but it's the closest Metro sation. Lots of gangs, drugs and prostitutes, oooo and hunky soldiers with big guns :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

OI...us lancashire lasses aren't slappers ok. :lol:
  • Options
    OOO one other thing. Eat and drink in the cafes up the side streets. Say you go to Notre Dame. The cafes round the square will charge you up to £3 for a coffee. If you go to a cafe up a side street from the square it'll be 90p-£1. They're just as good, so's the coffee, you just pay less because you're not being "seen" :)