Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Children's vitamin question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know how much Iron Flintstone's vitamins have?(or any similar tablet) Or how much Iron children are supposed to take in in a day?

Does 5.28mg sound reasonable?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I don't have a clue but I think the daily allowance needed by children is written on the back of the pack?
  • Options
    Yeah, it should be written on the pack...I was hoping maybe someone had some in their house or something. I did some searching on the web and couldn't find any values. Guess I'm just lazy.

I'm trying to figure out whether the results for my chem analysis experiment are reasonable before I turn it in.

Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    the childrens vitamins I have for my son dont have iron in them and none of the other childrens vitamins ive seen have iron in them either, the ones ive got here have vitamins A, C, D and E in them. i was under the impression that as few as 7 iron tablets can be deadly to a small child, so they dont put it in kids vits.
  • Options
    I used to have superteds as a child, and they had iron in them as I don't eat meat so I had the tablets to make up for the iron.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    the childrens vitamins I have for my son dont have iron in them and none of the other childrens vitamins ive seen have iron in them either, the ones ive got here have vitamins A, C, D and E in them. i was under the impression that as few as 7 iron tablets can be deadly to a small child, so they dont put it in kids vits.

I was able to find that they put 18mg in daily vitamins for adults...so I think it makes sense that a children's tablet would contain much less (my results were 5.28mg)

The whole tablet was 1.297g (1,297mg) to give you an idea - about less than 1%iron.

Oh well. I've turned in the report. We'll see how well I did. :)
This discussion has been closed.