Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it just me or does Parliament Suck?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just watched the news and i think the Parliament is a loada fags in suits no offense 2 ne of them but they talk the biggest load of shite.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure that they're mortally offended by your stinging and well founded, educated criticism. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    some of the most ambitious criminals do thier bizz there. YOU vote for the back stabbing self seeking egomaniacs that are there. my political decisision is to no no longer vote for any of them. there used to be ideals and idealists. men who genuinely wanted to change things for the greater good. now it's market forces...wether your a commie or a cppy... at heart, it's now down to market forces. it will soon be added as a teaching from the bible i'm sure. it is a god given rule of.......you do realise the mods will move this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    men who genuinely wanted to change things for the greater good.

Maggie Thatcher ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb

Maggie Thatcher ?
    oh she had balls alright. but she wanted to change things for the greater few.
  • Options

ive just watched the news and i think the Parliament is a loada fags in suits no offense 2 ne of them but they talk the biggest load of shite.

If that were the case don't you think we'd have some slightly more enlightened homosexuality laws?

When you say they talk shite, how many letters have you sent to your local MP asking them to discuss "non-shite" topics and issues?

Look at it like this... You voted for them... Or (statistically, you decided not to), so you really cannot blame any-one but yourselves.
  • Options
    That load of "shite" that the "fags in suits" are talking about reflects your life, and how you live.

As we live in a "democracy" you have the vote. Use it. Get involved, change things. It can happen, afterall they weren't always like this...
  • Options
    Im impressed by the intelligence of that stinging statement regarding the House of Commons. After all, saying they talk shite must SO hurt a politician :rolleyes:

Most of what they talk about is legislation governing yours and my future, its not just a fucking laugh, y'know. Not that youd understand this, getting all your news from Newsround (which, admittedly, is a tad highbrow for you sometimes).
  • Options
    Originally posted by MOK:
    change things. It can happen,

I wish I belived you..........:(
  • Options

Kermit
    Not that youd understand this, getting all your news from Newsround (which, admittedly, is a tad highbrow for you sometimes).

Newsround is a high quality, intelligent and unbiasd media production....

That may be a bit of an overstatment, but not when you compare it to the most read newspaper in briton.
  • Options
    Re: Is it just me or does Parliament Suck?
    Originally posted by XanderC

No offence, but I fail to see how MP's 'talk shite' in the HOuse of Commons.

Serioulsy, I reckon that what they say goes over your head and you're too dopey to understand. :) (I'm being serious and not jocular)..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    I wish I belived you..........:(

How much Poll Tax did you pay this year?
  • Options
    The problem with parliment is that its full of career politicians who have never done any real work and who don't have to suffer the consequences of their mistakes. While we are stuck with a crumbling NHS and crappy comprehensive schools, they can afford private health and education for them and theirs.
  • Options
    Well, Xander...it seems it's just you... :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    we are stuck with a crumbling NHS

*coughs* Horseshit *coughs*
  • Options
    The problem with parliment is that its full of career politicians who have never done any real work and who don't have to suffer the consequences of their mistakes.

Tony Blair was a barrister before becoming an MP. Is that not 'real work'?

A fair amount of MP's were councillors at local government level, so they would be used to dealing with dilemmas raised by their constituents.

• Options
    originally posted by Captain Slog:
    While we are stuck with a crumbling NHS and crappy comprehensive schools, they can afford private health and education for them and theirs.

Then perhaps vote for a party that wants to raise taxes? The reason we have problems with those things is because we don't pay as much tax as, for example, the French (or arguably the reason is that the Government don't have a clue how to spend it). But either way abstaining is not going to solve anything.

I'd be all for paying higher tax if it meant that we sorted out the NHS and the education system. Shame most people scream at the thought of an increase in tax. Didn't the lib dems come under severe criticism for saying that they planned to raise tax by even a miniscule amount?

Regards,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

How much Poll Tax did you pay this year?

Yeah but how that wasn't stopped through voting......

Surely the Poll Tax shows the weakness of our democracy, those who are meant to represent the interests of the people were able to push through a policy that no-one wanted......
  • Options
    Originally posted by boomba

Tony Blair was a barrister before becoming an MP. Is that not 'real work'?

A fair amount of MP's were councillors at local government level, so they would be used to dealing with dilemmas raised by their constituents.

No I don't consider being a barrister real work, I consider all lawyers immoral leeches. What does a barrister know other than the law. Tony has gone from interpreting the law to making it. His whole life seems to revolve around rules and regulations, not problem solving. We need problem solvers in parliment not bullshitters.

So what if an MP used to be a local councillor, its the exact same job on a different scale.

As for the NHS, throwing money at it won't solve its problems. It needs reform as well: http://www.conservatives.com/show_campaign.cfm?obj_id=28695&CAMP=1
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Yeah but how that wasn't stopped through voting......

Surely the Poll Tax shows the weakness of our democracy, those who are meant to represent the interests of the people were able to push through a policy that no-one wanted......

It was secured through political activism, rather than apathy, which was the point I was trying to get across.

And the Tories were voted into office. People just didn't consider that the Poll Tax was enough of an issue at the election. Once they saw the full extent of it, they acted and it didn't even last a full parliament...
    As for the NHS, throwing money at it won't solve its problems. It needs reform as well: http://www.conservatives.com/show_c...id=28695&CAMP=1

Using a link to the Conservatives to make a point about the NHS is laughable. 18 years of cuts is what has left the NHS in this position, not 5 years of Labour Govt.

What the Tories propaganda fails to point out is that the excellent services they describe have been well funded and not used as a political football, or as an area to reduce Govt spending.

Let me ask this, if this is such a good idea, why weren't the Tories doing it five years ago?
  • Options
    Surely the point of a good democracy would be that you could do something purely by voting........